Jacquelyn Bownes MBACP, MAC (accredited)
Hi, my name is Jacquelyn & I am an experienced, BACP registered, Counsellor & Psychotherapist & an award winning Coach. Based in Ramsbottom, Bury & City Centre Manchester, I offer both short & long term one to one counselling support & professional coaching to private clients & organisational ones across the North West.
I adopt a Person Centred approach and offer a warm, relaxed & confidential space for you to share & talk through your concerns, whatever they may be. My aim is to work alongside you and support you in exploring & making sense of where you find yourself, enabling you to think/see things from a different perspective & feel better able to move onwards more positively.
People come to counselling with me for many reasons and I have a particular interest in working with workplace issues/concerns, self confidence/self esteem, relationship difficulties & significant life changes. Regardless of what it is you bring, our work together can help you to;
- Learn more about yourself
- Make sense of your thoughts and feelings
- Release some of the pressure you may have been experiencing
- Develop as a person
- Learn how to take control of your life
- Respond to challenges and change more healthily
- Build self confidence & self esteem
- Identify & make changes, if you decide they are needed
Having worked one to one in helping relationships for over 20 years, I feel passionate & privileged about the work I do. My clients describe me as a; "warm, caring and empathic listener" "supportive and challenging in the right way" & able to "make a real difference" & "get me 'unstuck'".
As an experienced, professional workplace coach, many of my counselling clients choose, when they are ready, to move on to coaching to consolidate their learning, with more pragmatic support & challenge, to make sustainable changes in their life & career.
Training, qualifications & experience
As a qualified counsellor & psychotherapist my qualifications include;
- BA (hons) Applied Social Psychology
- Post Grad Diploma in Health Promotion
- Level 2 Counselling Concepts
- Level 3 Counselling Skills
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy (Professional Training)
I am also currently completing a MSc Counselling & Psychotherapy looking at client issues in the workplace.
In addition, as a qualified Coach and Coach Supervisor and Accredited Member of the Association of Coaching, I hold;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Business & Executive Coaching
- Certificate in Coach Supervision
and have completed extensive training in a range of areas including; Transactional Analysis, Gestalt, Cognitive Behavioural, Emotional Intelligence, MBTI.
I was awarded the 'Executive Coach of the Year' by the Institute of Business Consulting in 2009
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Life Change - menopause, retirement, 'empty nest', parenthood, divorce, relationship breakdown, redundancy
Initial 20 Min Telephone Consultation - FREE
Individual One to One Counselling Sessions
- Ramsbottom, Bury - £40p/h
- Manchester City Centre - £50p/h
Skype Counselling Sessions - £35p/h
Block Bookings of Six Counselling Sessions
- Ramsbottom, Bury - £225
- Manchester City Centre - £285
* Discounted rates available for Counselling Students
* EAP's / Organisations please enquire for pricing
* Coaching Rates available on request
EAP's / Organisations please enquire for pricing
I aim to respond quickly to all enquires (within 24hrs) and am usually able to offer an initial appointment usually within the week.
In addition to my private counselling practice, I am a counsellor within a workplace staff counselling service and a community based voluntary counselling service.
I provide one to one coaching with private clients and within a wide range of organisations across the northwest.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon - Fri 8.30am - 7.30pm. Sat 9 am -12.30pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|