Jackie Read ACC(Accredited,registered) Dip.Therapeutic Counselling
I offer a safe supportive environment and work with clients both long and short term whose issues include depression, anxiety, coping with loss and bereavement, panic attacks, anger issues, trauma, abuse, relationship difficulties and spiritual matters.I also have experience working with clients on ASD or Aspergers and family members
I am an experienced counsellor and provide one to one counselling for adults of all ages both long and short term work. In addition to talking I am experienced in using creative methods if this way is helpful to you. I have an interest in working with people who have experienced abuse of any sort whether recent or in childhood, and helping them to claim their lives back as their own.
I can offer appointments both during the day and evenings. I have a limited number of concessionary places for low income/students
I have my own private practise and additionally I work for three counselling services in both Dunfermline and Linlithgow.
My approach is psychodynamic and we will look initially at your most pressing area of concern - the 'presenting' problem. We then usually look at your background and early experiences - allowing you to make links between how you are behaving and feeling now, and what has happened to you along the way. From here you will become enabled to move towards the future with new insights and understandings and a new freedom.
I understand the prospect of coming for Counselling can be quite daunting so please feel free to call for an informal chat if that is helpful to you where we can discuss what you'd like to gain from Counselling.
The initial appointment is an opportunity to discuss your concerns and look at the best way forward. During this appointment I will explain how counselling works and answer any questions you may have.
Once you are happy to proceed with counselling I will ask you to sign a contract and establish clear boundaries. This explains my professional commitment to you in regards to:
- Date and times of appointments.
- The confidentiality agreement.
- The professional client/counsellor relationship.
- How and when to contact me outside of the sessions e.g. cancellation.
Training, qualifications & experience
Registered and accredited counsellor with ACC.
My practice is fully insured and I undertake regular clinical supervision in line with the expectations of my professional body (ACC).
I hold the following qualifications:
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Level 4) CPCAB (Counselling and
- Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body).
- Certificate in Counselling Studies 3 CPCAB.
- Counselling Skills Certificate Level 2 CPCAB.
- In addition to the above I have undertaken further training in Working with trauma abuse, PTSD, C-PTSD and dissociative disorders. Also creative techniques including working with sand trays.
I am committed to undergoing continuing professional development attending workshops and training days.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
My fee is £35 per hour and I have a limited number of concessionary places for those on a low income. I offer discounts for students.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appts available daytimes and some evenings
Types of client