Ildiko Victoria Szatmari
I can offer sessions in the morning, during the day and evenings in my private practice located at London Bridge, Blackheath and Eltham within close proximity of public transport links.
I provide both long-term open ended psychotherapy and short-term focussed therapy (12 sessions).
In addition, I am able to offer psychotherapy sessions in both English and German language.
Below there are some of the reasons why you might wish to contact me, areas of therapy I work with:
- Feelings of sadness, anxiety or depression
- Experiences of trauma Struggling with loss - bereavement, divorce or separation
- Difficulty making, sustaining or ending relationships
- Work related problems
- Experiences of abuse (vocal, physical, sexual)
- Lack of self-confidence or low self-esteem
- Self-destructive behaviours, self-harm, or suicidal thoughts
- Experiencing panic attacks or phobias
- Issues with identity
- Sexuality-related concerns
- Issues with pregnancy, fertility
- Alcohol and drug problems
- Issues with eating
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified, registered and experienced therapist, holding a degree in psychology and I have been professionally trained in psychodynamic psychotherapy.
I am a member of the professional bodies UKCP and FPC.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- The fee for your ongoing sessions will be agreed during our initial meeting and will be based on your circumstances.
- Fees start at £50 for a 50-minute session.
- I also reserve a limited number of concessionary rates.
Concessions offered for
Once you have decided to contact me we can have a conversation on the phone or we get in touch by email.
We can arrange an initial consultation which lasts 50 to 90 minutes and gives you a sense of the process of therapy and a space to ask any questions you may have about counselling or therapy.
Together we can establish a meeting time on a weekly basis and agree a regular session time.