Hello, and thank you for reading my page.
Let me help you understand why you have learned to behave the way you do, and how others relate to you.
Please note that during this Corona Virus crisis I am only working via Skype / FaceTime etc.
Getting started: Phone or email me, and I will be happy to help.
I understand how overwhelming it can be to see so many names and profiles, so if you would just like to ask some questions, phone me or email me, with no obligation.Then, if you would like to meet, my first session with you is always free. During that session we can discuss what it is you would like to gain from counselling. After that, if you feel that you would be comfortable working with me, we can continue weekly or by arrangement. Just call or email me, and I will be happy to answer your questions.
I am qualified, passionate about what I do and am experienced in helping adults, couples and teenagers, as well as helping as a Family Dynamics Therapist. I have also worked extensively with Ex-Boarders and their partners, and run Group Therapy for Partners of ex-Boarders in West Hampstead and Guildford.
I can help you to understand why you have got to be where you are in life, and help you have the tools to make changes to move forward.
I have experience in helping with:
- Loss and Grief
- Divorce and Separation problems
- Attachment issues, including post adoption problems and relationship difficulties
- Adults who have come from a difficult background, and have suffered emotional, physical and sexual abuse as children and/or as younger adults
- Self esteem issues
- Rape and other sexual assault traumas
- Domestic violence which includes emotional and physical as well as sexual abuse
- Eating disorders
- Depression and a feeling of not being able to cope with life
- Post traumatic stress and traumas
- Ex Armed forces help
- Boarding School survivors
- Partners Of Ex-Boarders
- Anxiety and sadness
- Adolescent and teenage challenges
- Male Depression
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Post-Grad Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Degree in Psychology
- MA in Psychotherapeutic Practice
- Diploma in Boarding School Syndrome
- Certificates in Humanistic therapy, CBT and Transactional Analysis
- 10 years experience as Volunteer Counsellor with young adults and young people
- Registered Member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling Practitioners)
- Holistic Insurance Public Liability Cover
- DBS checked
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Boarding School survivors and Partners of Ex-Boarders therapy - Attachment issues in adults -
Emetophobia and other phobias related to vomiting and germs - Male depression
My first session is always free.
From £65 per session
I understand how overwhelming it can be to see so many names and profiles, so if you would just like to ask some questions, phone me or email me, with no obligation.
I have been working with Boarders, Ex-Boarders and their Partners for many years, and have completed research on the experience of being a Partner of an ex-Boarder for an MA.