About me

I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (PYL33249) and the British Psychological Society. I provide counselling for adults with a wide range of personal and emotional difficulties.

I recognise that many clients enter therapy feeling high levels of distress. I offer a sensitive and compassionate approach, working collaboratively with clients in order to bring about release, insight, change, and resolution in a safe and confidential setting. Clients can choose whether they would like short-term or open-ended therapy.

What do I specialise in?

I have a broad range of experience, but I specialise in depression and anxiety. The last position I held in the NHS was in a Complex Depression and Anxiety Service where I provided individual therapy utilising an integrative therapeutic approach drawing on dynamic interpersonal therapy and CBT.

What to expect in your first two sessions?

In your first two sessions I will ask you questions about the problems you are having and your aims for therapy, in order to tailor a therapeutic approach to your individual needs. I will invite any questions you may have about my role, training, and experience, or about therapy in general. This will also help us ascertain whether we are a good match, and if I am the right therapist for you. It may be important for you to take some time after these sessions to decide if you want to continue and book subsequent sessions.

Training, qualifications & experience

My qualifications include a Doctorate in Counselling Psychology, a Master’s with Distinction in Psychology, and a First Class BA(Hons) in Philosophy and Sociology. I have been trained in, and have experience working with, a variety of therapeutic approaches including person-centred, psychodynamic, dynamic interpersonal therapy and cognitive behavioural therapy.

Before setting up my private practice in Bristol I gained an extensive range of experience working in London. I have worked in several different NHS Trusts in primary and secondary care and also in inpatient services. Within these roles I have conducted assessments, provided individual and group therapy, as well as supervising assistant psychologists. I have also worked with bereavement, addiction, and mental health charities, and with children in schools utilising play therapy.

I have experience providing counselling for (but not limited to):

Relationship difficulties - Depression - Anxiety - Stress - Panic disorder - Chronic illness - Bereavement - Self-esteem - Sexuality - Trauma - Anger - Eating disorders - Abuse - Work difficulties - Divorce - Bullying – Addiction.

Member organisations

Registered / Accredited

Registered / Accredited

Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.


Health and Care Professions Council

The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.

They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.

Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.


British Psychological Society

British Psychological Society


Additional information

I offer an initial 15 minute video or telephone call free of charge, to enable new clients to ask any questions and establish whether they would like to book a meeting.

Sessions last for 50 minutes, please contact me for fees.

I am registered with a number of private health insurers including Aviva, AXA, Vitality, Healix, and Aetna Global Benefits.


I currently have availability on a Wednesday at 3pm and on a Thursday at 12.30pm 

Further information

What is a counselling psychologist?

Counselling psychologists are 'practitioner psychologists', a title protected by law that demands a minimum training criteria of 6 years of full-time training, unlike titles such as counsellor or psychotherapist. Counselling psychologists are trained to offer counselling and therapy, drawing on psychological knowledge and expertise. You can consult the HCPC register to check if a professional is registered and that they meet the HCPC standards for professional skills and training at www.hcpc-uk.org/check.

The Arches Therapy Rooms
198 Cheltenham Road

Type of session

In person

Types of client

Older adults

Key details

Wheelchair user access

Wheelchair user access

Wheelchair-accessible premises should have step-free access for wheelchair users and individuals who are unable to climb stairs. If a Counsellor's premises aren't step-free, they may offer alternative services such as telephone/web-based appointments, home visits, or meeting clients in different location, so you can choose the option that suits you best.

You can contact the Counsellor to discuss the options available.

Under the Equality Act 2010 service providers have a duty to make reasonable adjustments to ensure that individuals with disabilities can access their service. You can read more about reasonable adjustments to help you to access services on the CAB website.

Small step to get inside the building. A therapy room can be organised for the ground floor.