Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
I'm a qualified Person-Centred counsellor offering online counselling and face-to-face appointments in East London (E11) and offer day time therapy in Camden.
I'm committed to facilitating a relationship in which you feel able to speak freely about what's going on for you and work out how to overcome your issues. To date, I have worked with people:
- who want to change the outlook of their life
- whose circumstances have changed and feel unable to cope
- who are unhappy with their work/life balance
- who have relationship issues
- who have experienced domestic violence
- who suffer from depression
- who have experienced trauma
- who suffer from stress and anxiety
- who are experiencing loneliness
Training, qualifications & experience
- Woman's Trust, 2012 - 2014: Counsellor
- Phoenix Counselling Service, 2011- 2013: Counsellor
- Metanoia's Counselling and Psychotherapy Service, 2011 - 2012: Counsellor
- Registered Member BACP (Accred)
- Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling - Metanoia Institute, 2014
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - CONEL College, 2010
- MA in Employment Studies and Human Resource Management - Metropolitan University, 2000
- BA in European Law and Languages - University of the West of England, 1995
- One hour taster – The Body Keeps the Score - BACP, 2020
- One hour taster – Irvin Yalom and the art of psychotherapy - BACP, 2020
- Dealing with Distress – Working with Self-harm and Suicide - PODs
- Working with Relational Trauma: Dealing with Disorganised Attachment – PODs
- In conversation with Babette Rothchild, 2017
- Bereavement online training - BACP, 2017
- Anxiety and Panic Attacks – Foundation for The Developing Person, 2016
- Developmental Stages – Foundation for The Developing Person, 2016
- Counselling and the Autistic Spectrum – Foundation for The Developing Person, 2016
- Domestic Violence, Trauma and Person-Centred/ Humanistic Approaches - Woman's Trust, 2014
- Affective Neuroscience and Attachment Theory - Metanoia Institute, 2014
- Inaugural Conference for Counselling for Depression - Metanoia Institute, 2013
- Domestic Violence Induction Training, Woman's Trust, 2012
- Competency in using Psychological Tests - Metanoia's Counselling and Psychotherapy Service, 2012
- Pluralistic Theory - Metanoia Institute, 2012
- Transcultural Therapy - Metanoia Institute, 2012
- Introduction to Person-Centred Therapy - Metanoia Institute, 2010
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£55.00 per session
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
Our initial meeting will be an assessment meeting and it will be free of the charge. The aim of this meeting if for both of us to decide if we would like to work together.
I charge £55 for each counselling session thereafter
I do have a few sessions that I can offer at a reduced rate. Please contact me for further information.
If you would like to have an initial conversation on the phone, please do call me or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can arrange to contact you at a time that is convenient to you.