I'm a qualified Person-Centred counsellor offering online counselling and face-to-face appointments in Camden/Kings Cross and East London (E11).
I'm committed to facilitating a relationship in which you feel able to speak freely about what's going on for you and work out how to overcome your issues. To date, I have worked with people:
- who want to change the outlook of their life
- whose circumstances have changed and feel unable to cope
- who are unhappy with their work/life balance
- who have relationship issues
- who have experienced domestic violence
- who suffer from depression
- who have experienced trauma
- who suffer from stress and anxiety
- who are experiencing loneliness
Training, qualifications & experience
- Woman's Trust, 2012 - 2014: Counsellor
- Phoenix Counselling Service, 2011- 2013: Counsellor
- Metanoia's Counselling and Psychotherapy Service, 2011 - 2012: Counsellor
- Registered Member BACP (Accred)
- Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling - Metanoia Institute, 2014
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - CONEL College, 2010
- MA in Employment Studies and Human Resource Management - Metropolitan University, 2000
- BA in European Law and Languages - University of the West of England, 1995
- One hour taster – The Body Keeps the Score - BACP, 2020
- One hour taster – Irvin Yalom and the art of psychotherapy - BACP, 2020
- Dealing with Distress – Working with Self-harm and Suicide - PODs
- Working with Relational Trauma: Dealing with Disorganised Attachment – PODs
- In conversation with Babette Rothchild, 2017
- Bereavement online training - BACP, 2017
- Anxiety and Panic Attacks – Foundation for The Developing Person, 2016
- Developmental Stages – Foundation for The Developing Person, 2016
- Counselling and the Autistic Spectrum – Foundation for The Developing Person, 2016
- Domestic Violence, Trauma and Person-Centred/ Humanistic Approaches - Woman's Trust, 2014
- Affective Neuroscience and Attachment Theory - Metanoia Institute, 2014
- Inaugural Conference for Counselling for Depression - Metanoia Institute, 2013
- Domestic Violence Induction Training, Woman's Trust, 2012
- Competency in using Psychological Tests - Metanoia's Counselling and Psychotherapy Service, 2012
- Pluralistic Theory - Metanoia Institute, 2012
- Transcultural Therapy - Metanoia Institute, 2012
- Introduction to Person-Centred Therapy - Metanoia Institute, 2010
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Our initial meeting will be an assessment meeting and it will be free of the charge. The aim of this meeting if for both of us to decide if we would like to work together.
I charge £55 for each counselling session thereafter
I do have a few sessions that I can offer at a reduced rate. Please contact me for further information.
I currently have availability on Monday daytime and evenings/Tuesday evenings and Thursday daytime and evenings.
If you would like to have an initial conversation on the phone, please do call me or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can arrange to contact you at a time that is convenient to you.