Grainne James MA, Dip. C., Dip. Psych, MBACP
12 St. Cuthberts Street
You may be suffering from anxiety, depression, relationship issues or just feeling low or sad. My role is to work alongside you as you come to terms with all aspects of your life, uncover your potential and find what is of purpose, meaning and value to you.
How counselling can help
Talking with a professional, who is not directly involved in your day to day life, gives you an opportunity to begin to explore challenging issues and obtain coping strategies for the future.
Some people need support in dealing with difficult emotional symptoms like stress or anxiety whilst others need support to get through a difficult time in their life. Some may feel unfulfilled in their relationships and struggle to find purpose. Others may be suffering as a result of loss or serious illness.
These turbulent times can create a period of uncertainty and isolation and counselling can provide a safe and confidential space to begin to develop greater self awareness, find meaningful activity and include positive relationships in your life.
What to expect on your first session
On your first session I will ask you some questions about your life as a whole. What it is that brings you to counselling at this particular time in your life and how you will know if counselling is helping you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA Psychology Middlesex University, UK
- Diploma in Psychosynthesis Psychology, Institute of Psychosynthesis, London
- Diploma in Life Coaching, Institute of Psychosynthesis, London
- Diploma in Professional Studies (Counselling) from Anglia Ruskin University, UK
- Certificate in Professional Studies (Counselling) from Anglia Ruskin University, UK
- Professional Training in the Therapeutic Use of Mindfulness
- Award in Basic Counselling from Central Institute of Technology, NZ
Areas of counselling I deal with
Please contact me directly as I offer a sliding scale depending on circumstances.
Psychosynthesis Psychologist , Counsellor, Consultant trainer, Executive Coach
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available from 9 am to 8 pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Types of client