I am a Psychodynamic Counsellor and Clinical Supervisor with13 years post-qualification experience. I specialise in addictions (including gambling and eating disorders), and also have extensive understanding and knowledge with relationship problems, work and home stress related issues, anxiety, depression, sexual problems and general well-being issues.
In both supervision and counselling we will explore and challenge perceptions, ideas and beliefs as a way to see new perspectives and discover potential within.
I work in an informal way in a safe and warm setting. Confidentiality is assured as is a non-judgmental attitude.
The amount of sessions we have is open-ended; we can have short or long-term counselling.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling - 13 years post-qualifying experience.
- 17+ years spent working in the addiction field.
- Extensive work with relationship issues, stress, anxiety and depression, rape, sexual assault, and sexual problems.
- Adlerian Clinical Supervisor training.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
- £55 per face to face session.
- £45 per telephone session.
- £45 per online session.
Counselling sessions can be done in your home subject to a telephone conversation prior to sessions starting. The cost remains the same.
Telephone counselling is also an option (payments will be taken in advance). £45 per session.
Supervision sessions are £55 for one hour and £65 for one and a half hours.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Times and days/evenings can be negotiated.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I'm a Clinical Supervisor with an Adlerian training, plus psychodynamic and person-centred diplomas, which means I work in an integrative and humanistic way.