Dr Georgina Ruddle Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (BABCP), CPsychol (HCPC)
- Hello, I am a professionally qualified and registered Chartered Health Psychologist, and Cognitive Behavioural Therapist based just outside of Trowbridge, Wiltshire. My Chartered registration is with the British Psychological Society, and my professional status as a Psychologist is registered with the Health Care Professions Council. I am also registered and accredited with the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies.
I have worked in the NHS for over 10 years delivering a range of therapeutic interventions to adults with a variety of mental health needs and long-term health conditions.
Introduction to the way I work
I offer high quality NICE compliant and evidence based interventions to help improve emotional wellbeing and mental health; generally working from a cognitive behavioural therapy framework (to find out more about CBT visit http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Cognitive-behavioural-therapy/Pages/Introduction.aspx ) to individuals experiencing depression or anxiety disorders, insomnia, perinatal mental health, those seeking to manage their weight, those looking to mange the impact of long-term health conditions such as long-term pain, fibromyalgia or type two diabetes, and anyone seeking to change health-related behaviours including smoking cessation or increasing exercise.
I would describe myself as warm, light-hearted and personable, with a desire to create a safe space where clients feel heard, respected and able to focus on the areas they wish to address in therapy. By the end of therapy I aim to have enhanced your understanding of the issues you have chosen to focus on in therapy, to provide you with strategies and skills which you will feel confident to continue to use after therapy has ended; enabling you to become your own therapist!
Therapy sessions are £70. This initial meeting gives us the chance to talk about your needs and expectations of therapy. More specifically during the initial session we will discuss how your difficulties or the issue(s) you wish to address in therapy are effecting you, the impact they are having on you as a person and a bit about your background, and life experiences relevant to the areas you have chosen to focus on in therapy. I will ask you to begin to develop your therapeutic goals; what you would like to get out of the sessions, as well as any related longer term goals you may have. Having clear goals will help me ensure the therapy is tailored to meet and address your needs during each session. I will also to tell you more about the way I work, how we might work together during therapy sessions and to answer any questions you might have about the therapy.
If you would like ask any more specific questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via email or phone.
Training, qualifications & experience
Experience & Qualifications:
I have completed a number of psychological training qualifications as I am passionate about delivering evidence based effective therapeutic interventions to those seeking to manage particular health and mental health related issues. Over the last 10 years I have worked in a range of mental health care and therapeutic services working with adults on an individual and group basis. Working across a range of services has provided me with a wealth of knowledge and understanding in supporting individuals to achieve and address challenging areas of their lives.
Professional Doctorate in Health Psychology
Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT); Postgraduate Diploma in High Intensity Psychological Therapies/Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
IAPT Postgraduate Certificate in Low Intensity Psychological Therapies (CBT)
Health Psychology Master of Science
Psychology BA (Hons)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Health Anxiety
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Body Dysmorphic Dioder
- Perinatal mental health (depression and/or anxiety experienced during or after pregnancy)
- Work related stress
- Low Confidence
- Low Self-esteem
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / ME
- Management & living well with long-term health conditions i.e. long-term pain, CFS/ME, Fibromyalgia, Type 2 diabetes etc
- Weight Management
- Visible Differences
- Health behaviour change i.e. smoking cessation or increasing exercise
£70 per session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evening sessions offered; although I will try to accommodate requests for other times as much as possible
Types of client