Gavin Weir-Jones MA (Psy), PG Dip Mindfulness, NCS (Accred)
Hello and Welcome,
Our minds are powerful tools. Often we can be lost in our thinking and we can swing, like a pendulum, between worries of the past and anxieties of the future, never really pausing to be present now.
This is normal, we all have these times.
However sometimes, some of us get stuck in these places and need some guidance to bring us into balance and offer us support,at difficult times in our lives.
My name is Gavin and I too have had difficult times in my life, this is the reality of living. Pain is inevitable - suffering is optional.
I have a strong Mindfulness practice and along with over 25 years Counselling, Psychotherapy and Coaching experience, I am here to offer you guidance, so you may find a path out from your suffering.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA Applied Psychology
- PG Dip. Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapies.
- Mindfulness Self Compassion Trained.
- Accredited Member of The National Counselling Society.
- PG Cert. in Education
- NLP Practitioner
- Transactional Analysis trained.
- Emtional Freedom Technique (EFT) L1
- Enhanced DBS checked.
I maintain my own learning with Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
Courses and Retreats attended;
- Adapting MBCT for different populations - Exeter University.
- Conflict Resolution and Emotional Literacy - Iron Mill Institute.
- Hypnosis Certification Training - OPAL ltd.
- Psychological Therapies for Depression - Identification and Assessment - Exeter University.
- First Aid at Work
- Duty of Care for Child Protection - MOSAIC Training.
- Emotional Intelligence- Daniel Goleman
- Emotional Literacy National Conference - Mentor Development Group.
- Retreats - (Buddhist) Insight and Liberation, Origins and Applications and Samadhi - Gaia House and Sharpham Trust. 'Wide and Wonderful Path' SanghaSeva.
- Mindfulness Based Interventions -Masterclass with Jon Kabat-Zinn.
- 'Awaken yourself, Transform the World'- Masterclass with Jack Kornfield.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Career counselling
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Mindfulness - I am a qualified Mindfulness Teacher and offer individual sessions, NHS recommended 8 wk MBCT or MBSR courses and Self Compassion Training.
- Educational stress - Highly experienced in working with staff and students from Primary to Higher Education.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Monday - Friday 9-5 pm £50. Bookings for the 5 and 6 pm appointments £55
Saturdays(when available) from 9.30 - 1.30 £60 (Last appointment 12.30 am)
Appointment times are for 60 minutes.
Payment can be via BACS or cash on the day of the appointment.
The full appointment fee will be due if cancellation is made less than 24 hrs before the appointment.
- How to wake up to your life with mindful awareness
- Mindfulness - how to get the best from your practice
- There's more right with you than wrong - the mindful approach.
- Letting go and finding freedom - A mindful monkey's tale
- How mindfulness can help change strong emotions
My practice is on a quiet organic farm, which offers both privacy and space. There is ample free and level parking.
As a human being in the 21st century I have had personal experience of bereavement, divorce, mixed family parenting, career changes and raising children.
I spent 15 yrs in education, where I taught, counselled and coached both students and staff. I managed a large team and budget. I am very aware of the stress's in education, parenting, relationships, physical and mental health and the pressures of modern living.
In short, you and I will have more in common than at first you may think. It is this compassion, this lived life, this training, that I offer to you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon- Fri 9.30-7 pm (last appointment 6 pm) Saturday 9.30- 1.30 (last appointment 12.30)
Types of client