When you change the way you look at things the things you look at change"
We are all on a journey to become more of who we feel we really are, feeling comfortable in our own skin and confident in being and expressing the best version of ourselves.
So, why all the struggle and stress?
If we're not consciously choosing our thoughts and moving our minds into a direction that's in alignment with what we want to create and achieve and who we want to be then the brain will shift to auto-pilot mode and as the brain's core function is to survive this mode will always rest in a place of focusing on the negative and seeking out potential threats, as it has learnt over evolutionary time that this gives it and you the best chance of survival.
This negative default mode can take the form of the mind beating up on us, providing us with scary worst case scenarios or even just recommending we just give up or stay on the sofa, along with many more imaginative ways of trying to keep us safe, avoid pain and increase our immediate pleasure.
Although this mindset serves a much needed function we are now in a time where this survival mind is not needed as much as it was, say in times such as that of the caveman.
Our desire to thrive is now in a struggle with this more rooted core desire to survive, and this causes us tension and stress, and if not addressed can lead down the road towards more severe overwhelm, anxiety and even depression.
This means our life journey can seem like an ongoing battle for attention between the inner voices that we listen to in our minds, some wanting us to thrive, some wanting us to just stay alive. This presents tension, conflict, and challenges leaving you feeling like life is working against you.
So, how can we move through this in an easier way?
By engaging in a process of self-analysis in a curious way we can develop our self-awareness and embrace a mindset that operates from a place of love, compassion, acceptance and courage, instead of a place of negativity and fear that causes us to self-sabotage.
By understanding ourselves at a deeper level we can begin to shine light on the unconscious auto-pilot mind to help us to start making increasingly positive, healthy and aligned choices from a conscious perspective, enabling us to start living out a fulfilled life through our highest potential.
If you resonate with the above and are feeling any form of stress, anxiety or depression then maybe I can help you to:
- Connect the dots between your current unhelpful cycles and your past experiences, helping you to understand yourself at a deeper level.
- Learn tools and techniques to help you liberate your mind and become free of old limiting patterns.
- Create stronger and more resilient structures in your mind, helping you to manage your thoughts and emotions better.
- Change your story and develop a new way of being in the world that will transform your life.
- Build healthier and more fulfilling relationships with those close to you, life and the world around you, and most importantly yourself.
- Tap into your true worth, confidence and fulfillment that is resting within you.
My approach connects western science with eastern philosophy and spiritual wisdom that can provide you with a deeper understanding of yourself alongside practical tools that will enable shifts in your mindset to free you from those old patterns that have been keeping you locked in an old way of being.
Our focus will be about developing your self-awareness and this will involve creating mindfulness and journaling practices to help guide the process and your progress.
I’m a great believer that therapeutic alliance and rapport are a catalyst for positive change and although this develops along the way, having an initial chat to see if this feels good for both of us is a must. Call or Email me to arrange your Free Telephone or Skype Discovery Session.
Training, qualifications & experience
BABCP Accredited Cognitive Behavuioural Therapist
- Registered as an Accredited Therapist with the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy / Psychological Interventions Post Graduate Diploma
- Coventry University
Neuroscience Results Coach
- Neuro-Leadership Institute
- The Open University
Further Qualifications and Training:
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (Diploma)
- NLP Practitioner (Neuro-Linguistic Programming)
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner
Further Experience, Practices and Loves:
- Reiki - Level 1 (Energy Healing)
- Vipassana 10 Day Silent Meditation Retreat
- Regular Yoga and Meditation practice
- A passion for inner-growth, science and spirituality, and raising the consciousness of humanity and planet earth
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder in children
- Career counselling
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
Current rates ranging from £69-£99 per session.
Face to Face - currently not available
Phone or Video via Skype/ZOOM/Hangouts sessions available.
Call or Email me now to arrange your Free Discovery Session.
I am an approved therapist for Vitality Health, Aviva, and AXA - please advise on first contact if you have insurance cover.
- Free / low-cost sessions available
Discounts available for NHS workers, students and those with reduced/low income in current times.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Availability 9-6pm every day - inquire for preferred slots.
Online/Video or Phone Appointments only at present - due to COVID-19
Video Options: Skype, Zoom or Hangouts
Types of client