Fiona Wilkinson, MPsych, PhD
Are you afraid of going out?
Do you worry about having a panic attack?
Do people make you feel nervous?
Do you drink too much in social situations?
Do you get upset with people or do they get upset with you?
Do you worry about job interviews or exams?
Do you have problems maintaining relationships with friends, family or colleagues?
Are you sometimes envious of other people’s abilities?
For most people with anxiety a short course of regular sessions will help you take back control of your life and allow you to manage challenges and difficulties in a resourceful way. Having an experienced, trained and non-judgemental individual to help guide you through seemingly overwhelming issues can be the key to helping you get your life back on track…
There are many things which can be problematic in our lives: confusing and difficult emotions, relationship difficulties, work concerns, pain and longterm illness, difficult upbringing and life experiences are just some of the things that people find a course of therapy useful for. However, sometimes we have more complex problems where several aspects of the issues listed here may be a feature. And sometimes, we just feel stuck — our life is not where we want it to be. Talking through things in a focussed way can really help you get clarity on what needs changing.
The aim of my approach is to help you learn Cognitive and Rational Emotive Behaviour (CBT/REBT) problem-solving skills so you can become your own therapist.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters (MPsych) in Health and Behavioural Psychology
- Doctorate (PhD) in Mental Health
- PG Advanced Diploma in Integrative Therapies
- PG Advanced Diploma in Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Dependent personality disorder
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
£50.00 - £60.00
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|