Evelyn West MBACP Registered
I am a humanistic counsellor with 20 years experience. I work for the NHS and have a private practice in both Dorking and Cranleigh. I offer a safe and confidential environment for you to explore the reasons that have made you seek help today. I work short or long term, weekly or fortnightly and my hours are flexible including evenings and weekends. Just email, text or call for an initial session.
We all, at times, experience general anxiety and stress in our lifes; work, relationships, health, finances, just some of the areas that can at times become overwhelming. This can leave us feeling unable to cope and out of control. Counselling can help by exploring these feelings to isolate the issues and resolve with new behaviours or new ways of thinking.
I am trained in a number of therapies which enables me to tailor my work to the need of my clients.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling/Psychotherapy
- Includes Transactional Analysis, Gestalt, Person-centered and solution focussed therapies.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Behaviour problems
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Assessment session 30 mins FREE
£50 per session thereafter.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client