Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Are you currently struggling with anxiety, depression or low self-esteem? Do you ever feel stuck in your situation? Have you recently had a late diagnosis of ADHD in your adult life and wanting to process this? If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then counselling can help. I am a qualified counsellor who can help you to make positive changes in your life. I provide a supportive, safe and non-judgemental space for you to explore any issues that you are currently experiencing.
I am passionate about self-care, self-esteem, self-love and many more aspects that focus on building on the relationship with the self. I believe that once we trust ourselves and create a safe place within ourselves, we are more capable of embracing the changes in our lives and we may find it easier to access our inner resources. Think about it, if you are encouraging, compassionate and supportive of yourself and you have trust in yourself, then it becomes much easier to do what you want to do and experience the world in a more positive light. I work in a way that promotes a healthy relationship with the self and I am able to tailor the sessions to each individual client.
If you have any questions or would like to arrange a session, please get in touch.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc Psychology (Derby University, in progress)
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Stockport College, 2018)
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills (Stockport College, 2016)
- BA Hons in Counselling and Psychotherapy Studies and Psychology (University of Central Lancashire, 2012)
Additional training (CPD)
- Exploring Self Harm Certificate
- Depression, Anxiety and CBT Certificate
- Online Therapy and Coaching CPD Certificate
- TA101 (SMCP, 2019)
- Trauma training CPD Certificate
- Exploring Gaming Addiction CPD Certificate
- Mindfulness Meditation CPD Certificate
- Understanding and Working with Sexual Abuse CPD Certificate
- Training in working with people who have autism (through The National Autistic Society)
- Creating an Inclusive & Affirming Environment for Your Transgender & Nonbinary Clients (Trans-Affirming Therapists Acadamy)
Long term and short term therapy available.
My experience includes volunteering at Stockport Progress and Recovery Centre where I worked with clients with mental health conditions and a medical centre where I worked with clients dealing with loss, identity issues and alcohol addiction. I have experience working with EAP providers.
I have experience working with:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in adults
- Trauma/post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD and CPTSD)
- Job loss
- Burnout/Stress management
- Feeling lost
- Relationship Issues
- Historical sexual abuse
- Anger management
- Childhood abuse/neglect
- Childhood emotional neglect
- Self confidence issues
- Addictions, specifically alcohol and gambling
- Autism and Asperger's in adults
- Survivors of emotional or narcissistic abuse
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
LGBTQ+ affirming and inclusive
Neurodivergent affirming and inclusive
£50.00 - £100.00
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
Individual Therapy Session: £50 (60 minutes)
* Health Insurance & EAP’s are accepted, however fees may vary due to administration costs.
Telephone and online (Teams) sessions are available.
Please feel free to email me if you have any questions and I will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. All calls, emails and texts are treated with the strictest confidentiality.
When I work
Thursdays - 5pm - 8:30pm
Fridays - 12pm - 8:30pm
Telephone and online Teams sessions available.
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Enhanced DBS Certificate
- Registered Membership with the BACP
- Student Membership with BPS
I have regular supervision in line with BACP guidelines to ensure that I am working to my best standard with clients.