Eloise Jenkins MSc , MBACP
Hello and welcome!
Are you looking to make a change? You may not know where to start, but that’s ok. We can work it out together. Counselling and psychotherapy is not about giving advice, it is about exploring problems together to allow for change. The fact that you've made the decision to talk to someone is the first step to change. Whatever you're situation might be, trying to find the right person to talk to can seem like a daunting task.
I can offer you a space that is confidential, supportive, warm and free of judgement to help you explore what is going on for you or causing you problems. By building a trusting relationship and working together we can help you to feel more safe, access your resources and bring possibilities into your awareness. My main aim is to raise a greater awareness and understanding of yourself and to help reduce current conflicts. I am dedicated to supporting you with personal development and growth and to help you move towards your goal.
I have been working therapeutically with vulnerable individuals and groups for the past 10 years. Within this I have supported individual’s with issues such as depression, anxiety, low self esteem, addictions, trauma, relationship and attachment issues, shame and bereavement.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters in Integrative Psychotherapy Birmingham City University
- BACP registered (MBACP) and DBS Certified
- Postgraduate Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy at Birmingham City University
- Postgraduate Certificate in Integrative Psychotherapy at Birmingham City University
- Graduate Certificate in Integrative Psychotherapy at Birmingham City University
- Undergraduate degree in Psychology BSC at University of Birmingham
- 8 Years experience working with vulnerable individuals with complex needs in a residential care setting
- Experience with working with vulnerable adults with mental health needs, addiction and homelessness
- 2 years volunteering at a Charity organisation working therapeutically with vulnerable individuals
- Various CPD workshops attended and certified
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Individual session fee is £45 (50 minutes)
Please feel free to give me a message/call, I’m happy to answer any questions you might have. I look forward to hearing from you!