Dr Ellis Kalmus (Clinical Psychologist) BA(Hons), Clin.Psy.D., C.Psychol. AFBPsS
I have been working in the field of psychology since 1996, qualified as a Clinical Psychologist in 2003. I have a thorough experence in providing psychological therapies both within the NHS and independently.
My clinical experience comprises Adult Mental Health, Psychological Trauma, Chronic Pain, pre-surgical Weight Management, Family/Child services and Learning Disabilities. I have repeatedly given evidence as an expert witness within Clinical Negligence & Personal Injury proceedings. I am published in peer-reviewed journals and have delivered presentations to both international conferences and training groups.
I hold two therapy clinics in Paignton, Monday morning and Thursday all day. I use Cognitive/REBT, Behavioural, CBT, EMDR and Brainspotting, within a context of a genuine therapeutic alliance.
I am Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) and Chartered with the British Psychological Society (BPS)
Areas of therapy include:
- Stress Management
- Anxiety/Panic & Phobia
- Trauma & PTSD
- Chronic Pain
- Weight Management
- Self Injury
I approach therapy with a clear strategy.
- Understand the target concerns
- Ensure shared understanding of concerns, goals and modes of therapy
- Develop strategies & resources to manage the (emotional) difficulties experienced in the here & now
- Work through, process and resolve whatever is underlying and causing the (emotional) difficulties
- Support progression to desired activities or a return to previous activities
For many people, Life, Family, Work, Travel, Mobility & Fatigue, can prevent regular attendance at therapy appointments.
I also provide CBT, EMDR and Brainspotting therapy & treatment ONLINE using a specialised, secure, fully confidential program similar to Skype or Facetime.
CBT can also be provided via telephone if preferred.
Online and Telephone appointments are more flexible and can be provided during more antisocial hours by prior agreement.
Online & Telephone therapy is discreet and Dr Ellis Kalmus has solid experience working with drug/alcohol issues, psychosexual & forensic matters.
Training, qualifications & experience
- (2003) Doctorate in Clinical Psychology Clin.Psy.D
- (1994) Psychology & Education BA(Hons)
- EMDR- Level 1,2,3 & 4
- Virtual Gastric Band (LCCH)
- Psychological Treatment for Chronic Pain (EducarePartners)
- CBT Masterclasses (Anxiety/Depn/Trauma/Grief)
- REBT Primary Practicum (Windy Dryden)
- Health & Care Professions Council
- British Psychological Society
- Chartered Psychologist C.Psychol
- Associate Fellow AFBPsS
- Member of the Division of Clinical Psychology
- World Health Organisation- Member of the Global Clinical Practice Network (GCPN)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Fees are set at £90 per session for self referred (face-to-face) clients.
Fees for Online/Telephone appointments will be agreed.
I am a Recognised Therapist/Specialist for major national rehabilitation/psychological treatment providers, including BUPA, AXA-PPP and Prudential (Vitality) Health.
Should you contact by email/contact form, if you haven't received a response within 48 hours please check your 'spam' folder as occasionally emails may be mis-directed there (especially Hotmail addresses).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|