Liz McLaren (MSc Metanoia, UKCP member)
Finding the right therapist can be daunting, but I believe in relationships and especially the relationship with my clients when we meet face to face. I provide a space to think, talk and "be" without judgement but with support. I am an experienced and effective Counsellor and Psychotherapist, specialising in helping people with making meaning of their lives, loss and bereavement. I also have experience of working with clients with anxiety, depression, anger, stress, difficult relationships, and life limiting illnesses.
Being the most confident person I can be and enjoying who I am ( warts and all) is very important to me, and I aim to help others find a strong sense of themselves so that they can get enjoyment and fulfilment in life.
Making meaning of Life How we live our lives and find fulfilment comes from who we think we are, and what we think we can achieve. Our childhoods and past experiences are the building blocks of our self image. I will provide a safe and non- judgemental space to explore what matters to you and how you see the world.
All humans experience loss at some time in their lives. It is not just the death of someone special that affects us, it can be a significant change that also unsettles us ( even if it is a positive move). I will work with you during times of change - redundancy, a house move, a loss of relationship, divorce or diagnosis of an illness, children leaving home or another transition in family/personal life.
Bereavement is universal but also unique. The death of someone can be bewildering and affect us deeply (whether the relationship was good or bad). I can help you navigate this difficult time, understand the grieving process and move towards recovery.
I work in Berkshire and have a central, private client room in Wokingham. There is parking nearby.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Over 15 years experience as Senior Counsellor and Therapist at a leading Berkshire Hospice.
- Developed and delivered innovative training curriculum to Hospice volunteer counsellors and employees
- MSc in Integrative Psychotherapy (Metanoia Institute)
- Working as a Primary Tutor on the MSc Integrative Psychotherapy Training at Metanoia Institute London
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Separation and divorce
- Work-related stress
£60 pounds per 50 - 60 min session.
Concessions are available in certain cases.
If you are unsure about us working together ask me for a 15 min free meet up.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer flexible appointments during the day, and some evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|