Eleni Kypridemos (MA; MBACP) Bournville Counselling Practice
Are you feeling sad, anxious or panicking and don't know why?
For me, counselling is vocational. I feel passionately that everyone should be able to access therapeutic services of a high standard. We work together in an open, empathic and trust building way.
I work with individuals, couples and via Skype (individual only).
You can expect to experience
A safe, confidential space to explore your feelings and concerns.
Be listened to by a trained counsellor who will offer focus, challenge and clarity.
Be challenged about some of the unhelpful feelings and behaviours that may be hindering your growth.
Encouragement to make positive choices for yourself.
Therapy can be difficult painful work and I would encourage you to stick with it, hopefully seeing yourself change and move forward means that you will want to come.
I encourage an initial telephone conversation before booking
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualifications include:
- MA Counselling and Psychotherapy Practice, 2020, Bath Spa University
- PG Cert Clinical Supervision, 2020 University of Derby
- Single Session Therapy, 2020
- BScHons Psychology 2003 Uni of Liverpool
- Certificate in Counselling Skills 2004 Birmingham Uni
- FD Integrative Counselling 2014, Newman University College
- ASSIST - Suicide Intervention Training 2012
- Mental Health First Aid, 2012
- DANOS (Substance misuse intervention), 2012
- Solution Focus Brief Therapy Certificate, 2009
Counselling Work Experience:
- SIFA Fireside, homeless and substance misuse related counselling - 2008-2013
- RSVP (Rape and Sexual Violence Project) 2009- present
- Cedar Counselling 2013/2014
- Childline/NSPCC 2004 - present
- Private Practice 2014 - present
- Counselling skills trainer for NHS
Issues I work with:
- Faith based approach or issues related
- religious based abuse
- physical health
- high earners
- sexual abuse
- physical abuse/domestic violence
- work based issues
- adult and child bullying
- emotional abuse
- low self-confidence/esteem
- spirituality/cultural issues
- religion and religious based abuse
- post natal depression
- relationship issues
- self-harm/self injury
- suicidal thoughts
- personal growth/development.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Religious based abuse
generalised anxiety disorder
affairs and betrayals
separation and divorce
inner child work
Counselling Fees I currently offer a reduced fee of £45 per session (normally £50)(first session is £35).
Supervision Fees £50 per hour
I accept cash or online payments
I work privately from a dedicated counselling room. There is parking available. At the moment we do not offer waiting room of WC facilities.
Cancellation policy: 24hrs notice required, full fee incurred
Payment is required upfront for SKype and email counselling via online.
LinkedIn CV details
Monday - Saturday
8am - 9pm