Bournville Counselling Practice (Eleni Kypridemos MBACP)
For me, counselling is vocational. I feel passionately that everyone should be able to access therapeutic services of a high standard. We work together in an open, empathic and trust building way.
*** Instant messaging counselling available from 4th September 2017 ***
You can expect to experience
A safe, confidential space to explore your feelings and concerns.
Be listened to by a trained counsellor who will offer focus, challenge and clarity.
Be challenged about some of the unhelpful feelings and behaviours that may be hindering your growth.
Encouragement to make positive choices for yourself.
Therapy can be difficult painful work and I would encourage you to stick with it, hopefully seeing yourself change and move forward means that you will want to come.
I encourage an initial telephone conversation before booking
In addition, I offer single session counselling. This is 1hr15mins one off session where you may be looking for a safe space to debrief.
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualifications include:
- BScHons Psychology 2003 Uni of Liverpool
- Certificate in Counselling Skills 2004 Birmingham Uni
- FD Integrative Counselling 2014, Newman University College
- ASSIST - Suicide Intervention Training 2012
- Mental Health First Aid, 2012
- DANOS (Substance misuse intervention), 2012
- Solution Focus Brief Therapy Certificate, 2009
Counselling Work Experience:
- SIFA Fireside, homeless and substance misuse related counselling - 2008-2013
- RSVP (Rape and Sexual Violence Project) 2009- present
- Cedar Counselling 2013/2014
- Childline/NSPCC 2004 - present
- Private Practice 2014 - present
- Counselling skills trainer for NHS
Issues I work with:
- Faith based approach or issues related
- religious based abuse
- physical health
- high earners
- sexual abuse
- physical abuse/domestic violence
- work based issues
- adult and child bullying
- emotional abuse
- low self-confidence/esteem
- spirituality/cultural issues
- religion and religious based abuse
- post natal depression
- relationship issues
- self-harm/self injury
- suicidal thoughts
- personal growth/development.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Religious based abuse
Photos & videos
- £40 individual counselling (inc Skype/IM) (first session £20) - 50mins
- £15 per email
- £60 single session (1hr 15mins)
I work privately from a dedicated counselling room. There is parking available. At the moment we do not offer waiting room of WC facilities.
Is there a cancellation fee? yes, 24hrs notice required. Full payment of missed or last minute cancellation sessions.
Payment is required upfront for SKype and email counselling.
I offer online/live chat counselling also, available on request and flexi hours.
I have appointments early am/days/evenings/late pm and weekends.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
early am, daytime, evening, weekend, Skype, email counselling
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|