Eileen Wallace, PGDip. FPC, BPC & UKCP Reg.Online available
I am an experienced psychotherapist offering online appointments with a broad range of experience in private practice and the NHS.
You may be suffering from anxiety or depression. Perhaps your feeling overwhelmed, disconnected, sad or experiencing relationship difficulties or break up. Or maybe you are in transition and experiencing a lot of change. I work empathetically, providing a safe space to make sense of difficult experiences and feelings.
I adopt a psychodynamic approach, which explores how your experiences in the present are informed by your past. In understanding these through time, unhelpful patterns of behaviour and thinking can be re-frammed, leading to an enhanced self esteem, emotional wellbeing and relationships.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate diploma in Psychodynamic Theory and Practice (5years). Accredited by the University of Roehampton.
- Certificate in Counselling and Pastoral Care (WPF).
- Registered member of the BPC (British Psychoanalytic Council) and United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy UKCP).
- Registered member of the Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling (FPC)
- Honorary Psychotherapist in Surrey and Borders Partnership (NHS).
- PND Support Group set up with Surestart and local Doctors’ Surgery in Surrey.
- Samaritan working alongside staff to include working with suicidal patients within the Emergency Department of Frimley Park Hospital, Surrey.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Psychoanalytic Council
The British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) is a professional association, representing the profession of psychoanalytic psychotherapy.
The organisation is itself made up of fourteen member organisations and BPC accredits the trainings of its member organisations. An individual who qualifies from one of these trainings is then eligible for entry into the BPC's register.
BPC registrants are governed by a code of ethics, a policy of continuing professional development, a statement on confidentiality and a complaints procedure. The BPC is a Member Society of the European Federation for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy in the Public Sector (EFPP). Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Relationship issues and intimacy
- Depression, including pre and post-natal; difficulties around miscarriage, conception and stillbirth,
- Identity and its complexities, including: gender, sexuality and cross cultural
- The impact of cancer for those experiencing it and its effect on loved ones,
- Dementia and the emotional challenges for family and Carers,
- The emotional complexities facing the sandwich generation.
From £65.00 to £90.00
Fees are discussed at the initial consultation. This can be two initial meetings of 50 mins or one 90 min meeting.
I am recognised and work with the following insurers:
AXA PPP Healthcare
Concessions offered for
The first contact can be nerve wracking, so you can contact me by phone or email to arrange to talk briefly and set up an initial consultation.