Eileen Wallace, PGDip. FPC, BPC & UKCP Reg.
I am an experienced psychotherapist with a broad range of experience in private practice and the NHS. Specialist interest include: depression, anxiety, relationship issues and bereavement. I offer 1-1 psychotherapy.
Perhaps you’re feeling life has lost its colour? Maybe there is no sense of joy or you're suffering from anxiety or depression? You may even feel overwhelmed, disconnected, sad or be experiencing relationship difficulties. I work empathetically, providing a safe space to make sense of difficult experiences and feelings.
I adopt a psychodynamic approach, which explores how your experiences in the present are informed by your past. In understanding these through time, unhelpful patterns of behaviour and thinking can be released, leading to enhanced emotional wellbeing.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate diploma in Psychodynamic Theory and Practice (5years). Accredited by the University of Roehampton.
- Certificate in Counselling and Pastoral Care (WPF).
- Registered member of the BPC (British Psychoanalytic Council) and United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy UKCP).
- Registered member of the Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling (FPC)
- Honorary Psychotherapist in Surrey and Borders Partnership (NHS).
- PND Support Group set up with Surestart and local Doctors’ Surgery in Surrey.
- Samaritan working alongside staff to include working with suicidal patients within the Emergency Department of Frimley Park Hospital, Surrey.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Relationship issues and intimacy
- Depression, including pre and post-natal; difficulties around miscarriage, conception and stillbirth,
- Identity and its complexities, including: gender, sexuality and cross cultural
- The impact of cancer for those experiencing it and its effect on loved ones,
- Dementia and the emotional challenges for family and Carers,
- The emotional complexities facing the sandwich generation.
Photos & videos
Fees are discussed at the initial consultation. This can be two initial meetings of 50 mins or one 90 min meeting.
Fee for London from £60
Fee for Woking: from £60
I am recognised and work with the following insurers:
AXA PPP Healthcare
The first contact can be nerve wracking, so you can contact me by phone or email to arrange to talk briefly and set up an initial consultation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon- Friday limited availability
Types of client