Eileen Wallace, PGDip, Psychotherapist & Counsellor (BPC, FPC)
An experienced psychotherapist with a broad range of experience in private practice and in the NHS. Recognising you’re struggling emotionally and seeking help is the beginning of something better for yourself. I offer open ended counselling or psychotherapy.
Perhaps you’re feeling life has lost its colour, maybe there is no sense of joy or you're suffering from anxiety or depression. You may even feel overwhelmed with your circumstances, feeling sad or be experiencing relationship difficulties. Talking regularly to someone in a non-judgemental space can bring great comfort, freedom and healing. I work empathetically, providing a safe space to make sense of difficult experiences and feelings. My experience suggests that whilst symptoms can point to something being out of balance, they also contain the seeds of recovery and fulfilment.
I adopt a psychodynamic approach, which explores how your experiences in the present are informed by your past. In understanding these through time, unhelpful patterns of behaviour and thinking can be released, leading to enhanced emotional wellbeing.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate diploma in Psychodynamic Theory and Practice (five years' in-depth training from WPF, a leading psychodynamic and psychoanalytical training centre). This is accredited by the University of Roehampton.
- Certificate in Counselling and Pastoral Care (WPF).
- Registered member of the BPC (British Psychoanalytic Council) and FPC (Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling).
- Honorary Psychotherapist in Surrey and Borders Partnership (NHS), working with a wide range of personal issues.
- PND Support Group set up with Surestart and local Doctors’ Surgery in Surrey.
- Samaritan working alongside staff to include working with suicidal patients within the Emergency Department of Frimley Park Hospital, Surrey.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Relationship issues and intimacy
- Depression, including pre and post-natal; difficulties around miscarriage, conception and stillbirth,
- Identity and its complexities, including: gender, sexuality and cross cultural
- The impact of cancer for those experiencing it and its effect on loved ones,
- Dementia and the emotional challenges for family and Carers,
- The emotional complexities facing the sandwich generation.
Fees are discussed at the initial consultation. This can be two initial meetings of 50 mins or one 90 min meeting.
This is an opportunity to meet and explore what the current issues for you are, what it may be like to work together and what's in your best interest going forward.
Fee for London from £60
Fee for Woking: from £60
I offer a few low cost places to those on low incomes.
The first contact can be nerve wracking, so you can contact me by phone or email to arrange to talk briefly and set up an initial consultation. The initial consultation is a face-to-face meeting where we will explore what brings you into therapy and the best way forward for you. This session can be longer than a standard 50-min to avoid the sense of pressure and explore together what’s best for you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon: London & Woking, Tuesday to Saturday: Woking
Types of client