Donna Wilson Pg CBT RMN (MBABCP Accreditated)
22 St John Street
Welcome and thank you for coming along and having a look at my profile page.
My name is Donna and I am an accredited BABCP Cognitive Behavioural Therapist.
Life can throw up challenges at times and this can feel overwhelming. That's where a safe place and non-judgmental space can help you gather your thoughts and allow you to talk openly about these thoughts and emotions safely and confidentially.
CBT is a collaborative process in which, we will work together and use CBT with elements of other approaches incorporated to meet your individual and unique needs to help you obtain new skills and strategies to make positive and lasting change in your life.
CBT is an evidence-based therapy that is recommended by the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) to help treat depression, anxiety, phobias as well as other emotional, mental and physical issues.
I have over 30 years experience in the mental health field working as a Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) within various NHS ward settings, as well as working in the community as a Community Psychiatric Nurse (CPN).
My main focus is now working as a cognitive behavioural therapist, I have practised within charity settings as well as in a GP practice. I am now working in private practice with adults and young people.
I have been on my own holistic journey and been undertaking training on body energy and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) as well as a wide range of other holistic therapies.
I am passionate about working in a holistic manner. My desire is to help others find inspiration on their own mental health journey to encourage through collaboration their resilience to embrace their own best self and build on their strengths.
I am a Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) facilitator, which I have facilitated in a variety of settings within a charity.
Also in a voluntary capacity I have went into local high schools to deliver Living Life to the Full to groups of teenagers.
I keep my skills up to date so I am up to date with new aspects of counselling. I am always eager to learn new skills.
Training, qualifications & experience
- PGDip Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN)
- HNC Counselling
- Rewind Technique for Treating-Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique)
- CBT for OCD and Anxiety
- ASSIST Trained (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
- Mindfulness Training
- CBT based Mindfulness
- Scotland's Mental Health First Aid (SMHFA)
- Scotland's Mental Health First Aid:Young People (SMHFA:YP)
- Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP)
- Accredited Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) facilitator
- Self Harm Awareness Training
- See Me Community Champion
- Peer Group Skills Training
- Glasgow Institute of Psychological Interventions Spirit Training course
- Living Life to the Full
- Adolescent focused Living Life to the Full Practitioner
- Kinetic Chain Release
- The Body Remembers and The Heart Already Knows
- Connective Tissue Release
- Postural Energetics
- Indian Head Massage
- Aromatherapy Massage
- Swedish Massage
- Hydrotherm Massage
- Hydrotherm Clinical Therapist
- Reiki - First and Second Degree
- Sekhem - Level one, two and Advanced Level
- Practitioner of Hypnosis
- Accelerated Change Work Coach and Therapist
- Equality and Diversity Training
- Open University Courses
- Science of the Mind - Investigating Mental Health
- Counselling: exploring fear and sadness
- Mindfields Colllege
Effective Stress Management, Effective brief therapy for depression, Effective anxiety management without drugs, How to use guided imagery and visualisation in therapy, The rapid trauma (PTSD) and phobia cure, Breaking the cycle of depression without drugs, Brief therapy strategies for all health professionals, Patterns of the brain, How to lift self-esteem, Dealing with conflict, confrontations and disputes, How to tell stories that heal, How to do effective counselling.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Email or call me. I offer an initial free 30 minute phone consultation.
The average cost of a 50 minute counselling session is £40; this is negotiable depending on your personal circumstances. I offer a reduced fee for students and those on low incomes.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day, evening and weekend appointments available
Types of client