Donal Carmody Accredited Counsellor BA, PG Dip.
Mary Carpenter House
Hello, I am a registered accredited counsellor with the National counselling society. I regularly work with clients experiencing stress, anxiety or depression. I offer both short and long term counselling for individuals and groups. I use a relational approach as I believe that our relationships are important in the development of oneself, especially those relationships we form in early childhood.
There are times when we all need help with life's challenges. I can offer you a space to reflect and think in the hope that this will lead to better understanding, self-awareness and change. A lot of people I see have a feeling of getting stuck or going round in circles. Often immersed in difficult feelings including anxiety, stress, anger or depression. Counselling can be that space where concerns, difficulties and fears, can be explored and shared. An opportunity to unpick, uncover and repair issues/concerns.
Alongside my private practice I work as Head of Counselling at Kinergy managing a team of 27 volunteers and 5 staff. Kinergy is a counselling agency that supports survivors of sexual violence and childhood sexual abuse. I also work at the University of the West of England as a visiting lecturer on the Diploma in Counselling course.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Integrative)
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy, MBACP
- Member of Counsellors & Psychotherapists in Private Practice. (CAPPP)
- Experience of working with drugs and alcohol at Bristol Drugs Project. (BDP)
- Experience of working with sexual abuse and/or rape survivors at Kinergy, Bristol
- BA in art and design
- Experience of working as a group facilitator
- Experience of working with young people
- Accredited member of the National Counselling Society (NCS)
Some of the areas I work in include:
Anger Management / Conflicts Anxiety & Stress
Bereavement & Loss Post Traumatic Stress
Depression Personal Growth / Self-Esteem / Confidence
Relationship Difficulties Suicide / Self Harm
Employee Assistance Programmes Problem Solving/Conflict Management
Physical abuse Sexual and Emotional Abuse
PTSD / OCD
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
The initial appointment is £20 which will last for 45mins.
Sessions are usually one hour at a rate of: £40.
Discounted rate for Block booking 6 sessions for: £34
If you feel that you would like to meet to discuss counselling please phone or email.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Currently Availability: Monday & Tuesday afternoons and evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|