Diana Spencer Dip.Couns MBACP
Why come for counselling? Even if you have supportive friends and family, it can be easier to talk to someone neutral. We have a tendency to filter what we say to people who are close to us, perhaps because we don’t want to upset them.
I can provide an accepting environment where you are not judged. We undertake the work together, exploring issues that you bring to the session. I am not here to give you advice, but we examine your options together.
I practise integratively, using concepts from person-centred and psychodynamic theories. This means placing you, the client, at the heart of the process and looking at past experiences, where relevant, in order to understand where you are now. This is done at your pace. Our sessions are reviewed on a regular basis to assess whether your needs are being met.
The number of sessions you have is determined by you and you are free to stop at any time, although I would appreciate some notice, as it is advisable to have a final session to review our work together and to have an ending.
I have experience working for a national bereavement charity, for a family charity, and for the NHS.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Counselling Children and Young People Advanced Specialist Training (NCS accredited)
- CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling from Gloucestershire College
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Cruse - Awareness in Bereavement Care
- Cruse - Children and Young Persons Bereavement
- BA Hons - History and German
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Please contact me by phone, email or text if you would like to book an assessment session to discuss your needs. I practise near Tewkesbury. I charge £40 per session and sessions are 50 minutes.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client