Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Whatever your reasons for considering therapy, I know it takes a lot of courage to even contemplate starting a journey towards becoming a different you. It can be challenging to make changes which really last; it requires patience and a willingness to be open and sometimes vulnerable. However, the rewards for taking this journey can be profound and life-changing.
I am a qualified Integrative Counsellor, Personal Consultant and Coach, trained in a variety of talking-therapies (including Compassion Focused Therapy). This means I can work with you more creatively in different ways, respecting your preferences and meeting your specific needs.
I will always offer you a warm, supportive, non-judgemental space and encourage us to work as a team, focus on the quality of our relationship and regularly reflect on the extent of your progress. All of these are really important in supporting lasting change.
I offer face to face, outdoor (walk & talk) and online sessions (Zoom); currently I have capacity to take on new clients.
I would see it as my privilege to accompany you on this important journey.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Certificate in Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT), University of Derby.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling & Coaching (with Distinction), University of East London.
- Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and a Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (MCIPD). I abide by their Ethical Framework and Code of Professional Conduct respectively.
- MA in Communication Management; certified practitioner in both Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Step 1 & 2 and Prosci® Change Management; Mental Health First-Aider.
- Started my career as a Biology teacher in Further Education; then spent 17 rewarding years in corporate-life in the healthcare-sector. In my work, I draw on diverse global experience in: internal communication, change management, employee engagement, coaching & mentoring, corporate social responsibility, wellbeing and capability (learning & development).
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Imposter Syndrome | Parental Leave issues | Resilience | Shame | Transitions | Walk & Talk and Eco-psychotherapy | Workplace wellbeing
£65.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
Free initial telephone session lasts around 30 minutes
If you would like to arrange an initial meeting (no obligation to continue with ongoing therapy) or you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to e-mail or call me.
During this initial meeting, we will explore together what you need and if I am the right person to accompany you on your change-journey and how we might best work together. If I’m not right for you, then I am happy to help you explore alternatives which may be better suited to your needs and preferences.