[COVID-19 pandemic - I am offering COVID-secure face to face, outdoor (walk & talk) and online sessions; I have capacity to take on new clients].
Whatever your reasons for considering therapy, I know it takes a lot of courage to even contemplate starting a journey towards becoming a different-you. It can be challenging to make changes which really last; it requires patience and a willingness to be open and sometimes vulnerable. However, the rewards for taking this journey can be profound and life-changing.
I am a qualified Integrative Counsellor, Coach and Personal Consultant, trained in a variety of talking-therapies (including Compassion Focused Therapy and Coaching). This means I can work with you more creatively in different ways, respecting your preferences and meeting your specific needs.
I will always offer you a warm, supportive, non-judgemental space (whether face to face, online or outdoors) and encourage us to: work as a team, focus on the quality of our relationship and reflect on the extent of your progress. All of these are really important in supporting lasting change.
I would see it as my privilege to accompany you on this important journey.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Certificate in Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT), University of Derby.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling & Coaching (with Distinction), University of East London.
- Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and a Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (MCIPD). I abide by their Ethical Framework and Code of Professional Conduct respectively.
- MA in Communication Management; certified practitioner in both Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Step 1 & 2 and Prosci® Change Management; Mental Health First-Aider.
- Started my career as a Biology teacher in Further Education; then spent 17 rewarding years in corporate-life in the healthcare-sector. In my work, I draw on diverse global experience in: internal communication, change management, employee engagement, coaching & mentoring, corporate social responsibility, wellbeing and capability (learning & development).
- I work part-time as a consultant in organisations in the areas of good-work, people & culture, wellbeing, mental-health & wholeness.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Imposter Syndrome | Parental Leave issues | Resilience | Shame | Transitions | Walk & Talk and Eco-psychotherapy | Workplace wellbeing
£60/hr - SG12 Ware
£70/hr - E8 Haggerston
No obligation FREE telephone consultation (max. 30 minutes)
I am open to offering concessions to individuals who may have recently been made redundant or on unexpected low income due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you would like to arrange an initial meeting (no obligation to continue with ongoing therapy) or you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to e-mail or call me.
During this initial meeting, we will explore together what you need and if I am the right person to accompany you on your change-journey and how we might best work together. If I’m not right for you, then I am happy to help you explore alternatives which may be better suited to your needs and preferences.