Whatever your reasons for considering therapy, I know it takes a lot courage to even contemplate starting a journey towards becoming a different-you. It can be challenging to make changes which really last; it requires patience and a willingness to be open and sometimes vulnerable. However, the rewards for taking this journey can be profound and life-changing.
I am a qualified Integrative Counsellor, Coach and Personal Consultant, trained in a variety of talking-therapies (including coaching). This means I can work with you more creatively in different ways, respecting your preferences and meeting your specific needs.
I will always offer you a warm, supportive, non-judgemental space and encourage us to: work as a team, focus on the quality of our relationship and reflect on the extent of your progress. All of these are really important in supporting lasting change.
I would see it as my privilege to accompany you on this important journey.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Currently studying a Post Graduate Certificate in Compassion Focused Therapy, University of Derby, to expand and deepen my skills.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling & Coaching (with Distinction), University of East London.
- Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and a Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (MCIPD). I abide by their Ethical Framework and Code of Professional Conduct respectively.
- MA in Communication Management; certified practitioner in both Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Step 1 & 2 and Prosci® Change Management; Mental Health First-Aider.
- Started my career as a Biology teacher in Further Education; then spent 17 rewarding years in corporate-life in the healthcare-sector. In my work, I draw on diverse global experience in: internal communication, change management, employee engagement, coaching & mentoring, corporate social responsibility, wellbeing and capability (learning & development).
- I work part-time as a consultant in organisations in the areas of people & culture, wellbeing & wholeness.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Imposter Phenomenon / Syndrome | Parental Leave issues | Resilience | Shame | Transitions | Walk & Talk Therapy | Workplace wellbeing
Photos & videos
£65/hr - E8 Haggerston
£55/hr - SG12 Ware
No obligation FREE telephone consultation (max. 30 minutes)
Please note: I currently work half a day each week, pro-bono, in a low-cost counselling service in East London, so unfortunately I am not able to offer any lower cost sessions to private clients at this time.
If you would like to arrange an initial meeting (no obligation to continue with ongoing therapy) or you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to e-mail or call me.
During this initial meeting, we will explore together what you need and if I am the right person to accompany you on your change-journey and how we might best work together. If I’m not right for you, then I am happy to help you explore alternatives which may be better suited to your needs and preferences.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Currently, Haggerston (E8) Wednesday evenings and Ware (SG12) Saturday mornings. I will have additional availability soon including some early mornings and evenings.
Types of client