MBACP, CIPD, PGCE - Counsellor, Coach & Clinical Supervisor
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
I've been working with individuals, couples and groups for over 19 years using counselling, coaching and personal development approaches in ways that suits a variety of personalities and lifestyles.
I am also a Clinical Supervisor for other therapists.
Both face to face and digital appointments can be booked.
To get rapid change, I use a range of supportive face to face approaches including CBT, dynamic coaching and professional education to find strategies to manage changes in both personal, family and work life.
Medium to longer term traditional person centred counselling can be given to support emotional issues for individuals who wish for more space and time to work through the anxiety of traumatic events.
I work with conflict management in family units, relationship issues, general anxiety disorder, depression, guiding on development. I work with clients to find strategies for them to become emotionally stronger for life's future events. Resilience building for a future more in control.
Sessions take place on our premises in a private professional therapy room based in Grantham (NG31) and not in a home environment. The location is air conditioned, comfortable with plenty of parking, secure access and multi purpose access to other organisations allowing for privacy on entering.
Flexible appointments (days, evenings or weekends). Appointments can be arranged over the phone, email or if you are keen to get started straight away, you can access the Reflections Practice Ltd website to see availability, with you diary in hand, and make a booking now.
Work place (EAP) clients can contact me directly to work on a plan to support staff.
Training, qualifications & experience
Experience & relevant qualifications:
- 19 years counselling experience within organisations and private practice
- 10 years coaching individuals one to one and workplace settings
- 19 years college teaching in counselling and University lecturing in mentoring
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision
- Certificate in Transactional Analysis
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Advanced Diploma in Learning and Development
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy, member since 2002
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, member since 2007
- Institute of Developmental Transactional Analysis, member 2019
- National Counselling Society, accredited member 2020
- Member of the Information Commissioner's Office and fully compliant with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
NB - Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Specialist in hearing loss and D/deafness, degenerative hearing loss, workplace requirements, family adjustments, acceptance and confidence concerns.
£45.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
- All sessions are 1 hour minimum
- Counselling and coaching rates are £45 per hour
- We ask for a commitment of at least 6 sessions
- Payment via: debit or credit cards, cash, cheque, Paypal, Apple pay, contactless or direct bank transfer
- Free parking onsite including disabled parking and access
- Air conditioned room for comfort
- Supervision rate for therapists £55 - hour and a half sessions
When I work
Fully flexible with appointment times; days, evening and weekends.
Average waiting time for an initial appointment is 4 weeks
Sessions can also take place using British Sign Language.
Counsellor has BSL as a second language and supports people around hearing loss, D/deafness, degenerative hearing loss, workplace requirements, family adjustments, acceptance and confidence concerns