I help individuals and couples using counselling, coaching and personal development approaches in ways that suits both personality and lifestyle.
To get rapid change, I use a range of supportive face to face approaches including CBT, dynamic coaching and professional education to find strategies to manage changes in both personal, family and work life.
Medium to longer term traditional person centred counselling can be given to support emotional issues for individuals who wish for more space and time to work through the anxiety of traumatic events.
I work with conflict management in family units, relationship issues, general anxiety disorder, depression, guiding on development. I work with clients to find strategies for them to become emotionally stronger for life's future events. Resilience building for a future more in control.
Sessions take place on our premises in a private professional therapy room based in Grantham (NG31) and not in a home environment. The location is air conditioned, comfortable with plenty of parking, secure access and multi purpose access to other organisations allowing for privacy on entering.
Telephone/digital support can also be arranged for people who have care commitments or busy people on the move.
Flexible appointments (days, evenings or weekends). Appointments can be arranged over the phone, email or if you are keen to get started straight away, you can access the Reflections Practice Ltd website to see availability, with you diary in hand, and make a booking now.
I am operating extended hours for access and can offer phone, Zoom or Skype session, and for the current time, face to face providing a risk assessment conversation has taken place.
Work place (EAP) clients can contact me directly to work on a plan to support staff.
Training, qualifications & experience
Experience & relevant qualifications:
- 15 years counselling experience within organisations and private practice
- 10 years coaching individuals one to one and workplace settings
- 15 years college teaching in counselling and University lecturing in mentoring
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision
- Certificate in Transactional Analysis
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Advanced Diploma in Learning and Development
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy, member since 2002
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, member since 2007
- Institute of Developmental Transactional Analysis, member 2019
- Member of the Information Commissioner's Office and fully compliant with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
NB - Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Specialist in hearing loss and D/deafness, degenerative hearing loss, workplace requirements, family adjustments, acceptance and confidence concerns.
£42.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
EAP/Health Insurance Providers
- All sessions are 1 hour minimum
- Counselling and coaching rates are £42 per hour
- We ask for a commitment of at least 6 sessions
- Payment via: debit or credit cards, cash, cheque, Paypal, Apple pay, contactless or direct bank transfer
- Free parking onsite including disabled parking and access
- Air conditioned room for comfort
- Supervision rate for therapists £53 - hour and a half sessions
Fully flexible with appointment times; days, evening and weekends. Average waiting time for an initial appointment is 2 weeks.
Sessions can also take place using British Sign Language.
Counsellor has BSL as a second language and supports people around hearing loss, D/deafness, degenerative hearing loss, workplace requirements, family adjustments, acceptance and confidence concerns