As a Counsellor I have the privilege of supporting clients through their journeys of self discovery. As a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy I follow their ethical guidelines for practice.
Whilst my initial training was as a Person Centred Counsellor (working with feelings) I also have training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (working with thoughts) and Behavioural Family Therapy (working with behaviours). Counselling can therefore be adapted, if a client wishes, to include elements of different therapy models.
In addition I am available to clients who are seeking counselling/coaching/anger management/personal development privately.
Areas of particular interest to me are working towards resolving men's issues, identity and gender identity, self-esteem/assertiveness, depression and anxiety, recovery from abuse/anger/hurt/addiction situations, communication and relationships.
Private practice appointments are offered at Poplar Road in Cleethorpes, and appointments can be arranged either for a fixed time on a fixed day or at varying times and days, depending on the needs of clients.
There is good local public transport by bus or by train, and there is plenty of car parking space nearby for clients.
My office is ground floor, accessible by wheelchair, and has toilet facilities, including a wheelchair accessible WC.
I also offer:
- Anger self-management, aimed at helping clients to find ways to resolve their anger.
- Emotional and mental relaxation through guided visualisation and/or meditation.
- Reiki healing - please note I do not offer this as part of counselling, but as a separate service.
- Counselling Supervision for Counsellors
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualifications and training include the following (you are welcome to view the full range of my certificates in my office if you wish):
- BA (Hons) Counselling Studies, 2:1 (2012)
- UKATA Transactional Analysis 101 (Introductory) (2013)
- Post graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy with Distinction (2014)
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Substance Misuse Awareness (2014)
- Safeguarding Children Level 1 (Introduction) (2014)
- Working with Problem Gamblers (2015)
- Post Graduate University Advanced Diploma in Systemic Thinking and Practice (2015)
- Safeguarding Adults (2016)
- Basic Life Support (2016)
- SCIP course completed - Supporting Social Communication and Interaction - a Programme for Parents and Professionals [Supporting communication for children who are autistic]. Please note that I am not trained to work with children and therefore work only with adults.
- Pink Therapy Post Graduate Diploma in Gender, Sexuality and Relationship Diversity Therapy. (2017)
The list above includes some training attended - full details are available to view in my office.
Experience includes diverse issues, such as gender identity and gender dysphoria; relationship difficulties; sexual abuse (from childhood), sexual abuse as adults, emotional abuse, and the effects of other physical abuse in adulthood; employment problems; parenting difficulties; lower self-esteem and self-confidence; bereavement; sexuality; addiction, especially gambling; anger/hurt, and other difficulty with expressing feelings/communicating.
I believe that all clients already have within them the wisdom and ability to be the best people they can be. My part, then, is to support clients so that they can discover or rediscover their own path forward.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
gender identity, trans man, trans woman, gambling
£35.00 per hour for individuals (reductions may be available for students and low income)
£45.00 per hour for couples
Supervision - please enquire
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Thursday between 9 am and 9 pm. Some weekends by arrangement only.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|