As a Counsellor I have the privilege of supporting clients through their journeys of self discovery. The aim is to help individuals as quickly as possible, and it is the client who decides how often and over what length of time they need to meet for counselling.
With this in mind, as well as offering longer term counselling, I am also now able to offer Single Session Therapy. This is intended to work with one issue for one session, and we both work together to consider possible solutions to the pressing issue you are bringing to the session. Also, whilst the aim is to provide you with an action plan to help you start to move forward with an issue, in one session, there is further help available if needed or wanted in the future.
All clients are welcome. Whoever you are, you are unique. Wherever you fit in this world, there is only one of you, and your presence in this world matters.
Private practice appointments are offered at Poplar Road in Cleethorpes, and appointments can be arranged either for a fixed time on a fixed day or at varying times and days, depending on your needs, to fit around your life, eg childcare, family responsibilities, work shift patterns, working away from home.
There is good local public transport: by bus (one minute walk from bus stop); by train (five minute walk from Cleethorpes train station): with car parking outside the office for those arriving by car.
My room/office is on the ground floor, accessible by wheelchair. The building has a wheelchair accessible WC.
I also offer:
- Anger self-management, aimed at helping clients to find ways to resolve their anger.
- Emotional and mental relaxation through guided visualisation and/or meditation.
- Single Session Therapy
- Reiki healing - please note I do not offer this as part of counselling, but as a separate service.
- Counselling Supervision for Counsellors
I understand it can be difficult, and requires a great deal of courage, for many people to seek help, and this is especially true for men who may believe it is not manly to admit to there being any benefit in talking therapies. I am not here to support you while you explore your options. You already have the wisdom to solve your challenges, find your way, and set out to get where you want to go. I am here only to help you read the map on this occasion, in hope that you will be confident to do this by yourself in future.
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualifications and training include the following (you are welcome to view the full range of my certificates in my office if you wish):
- BA (Hons) Counselling Studies, 2:1 (2012)
- UKATA Transactional Analysis 101 (Introductory) (2013)
- Post graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy with Distinction (2014)
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Substance Misuse Awareness (2014)
- Safeguarding Children Level 1 (Introduction) (2014)
- Working with Problem Gamblers (2015)
- Post Graduate University Advanced Diploma in Systemic Thinking and Practice (2015)
- Safeguarding Adults (2016)
- Basic Life Support (2016)
- SCIP course completed - Supporting Social Communication and Interaction - a Programme for Parents and Professionals (2016) 6 x 3 hours CPD. Please note that I am not trained to work with children and work only with adults.
- Residential component of PG Dip in Gender and Sexual Diversity Therapy - includes "Introduction to Clinical Sexology with Gender and Sexual Diversity Clients". (2016) 14 hours CPD. Please note I am not qualified to offer sex therapy, only relationship therapy.
- Pink Therapy Post Graduate Diploma in Gender, Sexuality and Relationship Diversity Therapy. (2017)
- Working with Men - 7 Key Tips for working successfully with Men in Therapy - (2017) 6 hours CPD
- Working on Practice - A Gestalt Approach to Dreams (2017) 6 hours CPD
- Understanding Eating Disorders (2017) - 3 hours CPD
- Gamcare Refresher Training (2018) - 7 hours CPD
- Diploma - Level 6 Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision - CPCAB Level 6 qualification. (2018)
- NCRG Seminar - Educating Patrons and Employees about Responsible Gaming 0 What does the Research Say? (2018) - 1.5 hours CPD
- SystemOne Training (2018)
- Dementia Awareness (2018)
- Mental Health Awareness (2018)
- Infection Prevention and Control for Non-clinical Staff (2018)
- Health, Safety, and Welfare (2018)
- Equality Diversity and Human Rights- General Awareness (2018)
- Fire Safety (2018)
- Patient Moving and Handling (2018)
- Moving and Handling (inanimate objects) (2018)
- Information Governance (2018)
- Prevent 01 (2018)
- Safeguarding Children Level 2 (2018)
- Safeguarding Children Level 3 (2018)
- Safeguarding Adults Level 2 (2018)
- Conflict Resolution (2018)
- Equality, Diversity and Human Rights - Promoting Understanding (2018)
- NCRG I Love a Good Clinical Handout! The Neurobiology of Gambling Disorder (2018)
- Basic Life Support (2019)
- Respect Foundation and Refresher (2019)
- NCRG Practice Guidelines for Treating Gambling-Related Problems: An Evidence-based Treatment Guide for Clinicians. (2019)
Experience includes diverse issues, such as gender identity and gender dysphoria; relationship difficulties; sexual abuse (from childhood), sexual abuse as adults, emotional abuse, and the effects of other physical abuse in adulthood; employment problems; parenting difficulties; lower self-esteem and self-confidence; bereavement; sexuality; addiction, especially gambling; anger/hurt, and other difficulty with expressing feelings/communicating.
I believe that all clients already have within them the wisdom and ability to be the best people they can be. My part, then, is to support clients so that they can discover or rediscover their own path forward.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
gender identity, relationships, gambling, Single Session Therapy,
Please contact me