At my counselling and psychotherapy practice in Carlisle, I offer you the opportunity to talk about things that you find difficult in life and in relationships. I offer affordable emotional support and practical help to enable you to understand and, as a result, overcome some of life’s difficulties.
I work both long and short term with adult and adolescent men, women and couples. My main training is in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy, but I have also trained in counselling for children and adolescents. Also I am trained in working with severe and complex traumas and suicide.
My Therapy room is a comfortable, private, confidential, safe and supportive space. You can bring any issues, worries, concerns here. Only you know what life is like for you. However, If you choose to come to therapy, I will work empathically alongside you. As a result, I will help you make a space in which you can explore the changes you would like to make. Following this you will be able to put change into action at a pace that is right for you.
If you would like to book a Free Consultation, get in touch.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP registered member (MBACP)
- UKATA Diploma in Transactional Analysis (TA) Practice
- Advanced Clinical Training in Transactional Analysis
- Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy
- Diploma level training in Severe and Complex Trauma and Recovery
- Certificate training in Trauma Treatment
- Certificate training in working with children and young people
- UKATA TA101 Introductory Course
- Continued professional training towards my CTA (Certified Transactional Analyst) qualification.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
UK Association for Transactional Analysis
UKATA (formally the Institute of Transactional Analysis) is the national UK Transactional Analysis organisation representing all fields of TA theory and practice. TA can be used as an effective tool in a wide range of contexts such as: personal development, management, coaching, counselling, psychotherapy, teaching, education, parenting and more.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- £50.00 for individuals either in my office or online for a full 60 minute hour.
- £75.00 for couples seen in my office. I do not do couples counselling online. Couples counselling sessions are 90 minutes in length.
- I have some sessions available on Fridays at £25.00 for individuals on a reduced income and may agree a further reduced rate for those on very limited incomes, please enquire.
- I accept cash, cheques and debit cards and online banking payments.
- Fees are payable immediately at the end of each session or in advance for a set number of sessions.
- I can provide statements and receipts if you are reclaiming your therapy costs from an insurance company or your employer.