David Gibbons MBACP
At my counselling and psychotherapy practice in Carlisle, I offer you the opportunity to talk about things that you find difficult in life and in relationships. I offer affordable emotional support and practical help to enable you to understand and, as a result, overcome some of life’s difficulties.
I work both long and short term with adult and adolescent men, women and couples. My main training is in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy, but I have also trained in counselling for children and adolescents. Also I am trained in working with severe and complex traumas and suicide.
My Therapy room is a comfortable, private, confidential, safe and supportive space. You can bring any issues, worries, concerns here. Only you know what life is like for you. However, If you choose to come to therapy, I will work empathically alongside you. As a result, I will help you make a space in which you can explore the changes you would like to make. Following this you will be able to put change into action at a pace that is right for you.
If you would like to book a Free Consultation, get in touch.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP registered member (MBACP)
- UKATA Diploma in Transactional Analysis (TA) Practice
- Advanced Clinical Training in Transactional Analysis
- Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy
- Diploma level training in Severe and Complex Trauma and Recovery
- Certificate training in Trauma Treatment
- Certificate training in working with children and young people
- UKATA TA101 Introductory Course
- Continued professional training towards my CTA (Certified Transactional Analyst) qualification.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
- £50.00 for individuals either in my office or online for a full 60 minute hour.
- £75.00 for couples seen in my office. I do not do couples counselling online. Couples counselling sessions are 90 minutes in length.
- I have some sessions available on Fridays at £25.00 for individuals on a reduced income and may agree a further reduced rate for those on very limited incomes, please enquire.
- I accept cash, cheques and debit cards and online banking payments.
- Fees are payable immediately at the end of each session or in advance for a set number of sessions.
- I can provide statements and receipts if you are reclaiming your therapy costs from an insurance company or your employer.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Single 80mm step from pavement. One internal door measuring 750mm at right angle to small internal porch.
Appointments Tuesday - 10:00 - 19:00 Wednesday - 9:00-18:00 Thursday- 9:00-18:00 Friday - 9:00-18:00
Types of client