Dave Castle Dip.CPCAB, BACP
0789 0288 345
The working relationship in Counselling is especially important to me. I am friendly and really care about my Clients. I am motivated to help improve well-being and bring about lasting change. I am informal but maintain a clear professional boundary which I believe helps establish a trusting environment which is essential for a client to explore issues with clarity and the appropriate depth.
How I work
- Stabilizing,and management techniques to create balance
- Compassionate reflection on areas that are hard to see by oneself.
- Working together to select the appropriate tools to move forward
- Moving at your speed with encouragement, to make changes
- Caring Support whilst navigating difficult emotions
Relationship - Oneself, singles, couples, family, work, friends.
- Working on past relationships that play out in the present.
- Healing the Inner Family,(not just the Inner Child)
- Understand our emotions, appropriate self expression
- Learning new communication skills
- Support in self-protection and boundaries
- Tips in managing our own energy
- Intimacy, withdrawal, feelings of overwhelm and numbness.
We can have an initial free confidential conversation by phone or e-mail to clarify how I may help you, or if you would prefer we can meet in person for an introductory session which is half the usual rate.If your situation is more immediate, we can do a full session straight away.
I specialize in relationship work for individuals and couples but I also work on most other issues such as anxiety,depression, stress, work, self-esteem and change. I work with Teenagers, Adults and Couples
I work from quiet and cosy private rooms in Totnes, Dartington and central Exeter.
Sessions are tailored to suit individual needs, such as times and frequency, which can be discussed and reviewed at any time. I am available for daytime and evening sessions.
I can also do online or Telephone sessions, and can possibly do home sessions in the event of a disability.
£40 for individuals
£50 for couples I keep two reduced price slots available for low income and Students - Please enquire
How to contact
You can Email or call 0789 0288 345 for an informal chat, as laid out in the second paragraph above
If I am not available, you can leave a message, and if you are comfortable in leaving a contact number then I will call you back a.s.a.p. Otherwise you can E-mail me using the button above.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - CPCAB
- PGCE Plymouth University
- Ba Hons Plymouth University
- also employed by Exeter College giving supporting teenage students.
- Facilitator of mixed Talking Groups for over 20 years.
- Facilitator of Mindlfulness in Movement workshops for 20 years.
- Currently running weekly 'Energy Medicine' workshops balancing the heart, mind,body and spirit.
- Previously a Family worker for several years.
- I am a qualified Tai Chi and Qigong Teacher. This is useful for being able to share breathing and relaxation techniques,if you want.
- I have an Enhanced DBS check.
- I am in a long term relationship,and have a 20 year old daughter.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evenings
Types of client