Dr Daniel Glazer, Clinical Psychologist in Finchley N3 & Euston/Bloomsbury
3 Taviton Street
17A East End Road
I am a Clinical Psychologist holding professional registration with the Health Care Professions Council and Chartered membership with the British Psychological Society. I completed my Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at University College London.
I have over 10 years experience providing psychological assessments, consultation and therapy with adults, children, couples and families. Alongside my private practice, I work as a Senior Clinical Psychologist at University College London Hospital. As part of this role, I specialise in working with young people and parents affected by a range of psychological difficulties within the context of medical conditions such as cancer, diabetes & chronic pain.
Trainings & Approaches
As a clinical psychologist I am trained and work with a range of psychological approaches including
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) - this includes aspects of mindfulness, compassion and Acceptance and commitment Therapy
- Narrative Therapy & strength based approaches
- Relational psychotherapies - this includes humanistic, existential and psychodynamic therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
I don’t believe in a one size fits all approach and I readily focus on each individual’s unique journey, context and ideas.
I am influenced by a range of psychological therapies and feel this quote sums up my approach and belief about the therapeutic process: “I believe that a different therapy must be constructed for each person because each has a unique story.” Irvin D. Yalom.
As a clinical psychologist I am also aware of the evidence base and its important that the work i do is helpful and effective.
Who do I see?
As I clinical psychologist I am trained to work with a wide range of client groups. Within my NHS work I specialise in working with children, teenagers and young adults. I am available to work with this group as well as parents, adults and couples.
What issues do I specialise in?
I have extensive experience in providing psychological interventions for problems including:
- Anxiety - I can provide effective therapies and interventions for diagnoses you might have been given such as generalised anxiety disorder, panic disorder as well as specific phobias.
- Depression - this includes low mood, feeling sad, low self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Relationship issues - including family issues, couple work, separation and divorce.
- Trauma - I am experienced in working with post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as well as the long term term effects of abuse, bullying and other types of traumatic experiences
- Bereavement - including loss and adjustment
- Child related issues - This includes depression and anxiety in children, challenging behaviour, phobias, self-harm, bullying, trauma, identity issues.
What to expect
The first session is a chance to get to know you and find out what you are wanting from therapy. We will then agree to meet for a number of sessions and and at the end of these to have a review to see if the sessions are meeting your expectations and making a difference for you.
I am passionate about my work and welcome discussions in the first instance on what sort of support you might be looking for.
Training, qualifications & experience
Professional Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from University College London (DclinPsy)
I hold Membership for the following organisations:
Chartered Counselling Psychologist, CPsychol, British Psychological Society (BPS)
Registered Practitioner Psychologist, Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- CBT & Trauma focussed CBT
- Psychodynamic and group relations
- Narrative therapy & Tree of Life
- Systemic therapy
- Solution-focussed Therapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
Photos & videos
£100 per session (50 minutes)
I work from consulting rooms in Finchley N3 and Bloomsbury close to Euston Station. The Finchley practice is more setup for working with children and young people. I am available to see young adults and adults from either location.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available on: - Monday afternoon - Monday evening - Wednesday evening
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|