Dan Glaze Integrated Counsellor & Psychotherapist MNCS (Accred)
Life is complex and is becoming ever more difficult to navigate. After a turbulent childhood and 26 years as a Royal Marine Commando, I have experienced an extensive assortment of challenges both in my personal and professional life that I have overcome. During this time, I have also embraced supporting both individuals and families who have been going through difficulties, through both the course of my work as well as within my local community.
This access and experience afforded me the opportunity to develop a set of highly proficient interpersonal skills to numerous diverse and inclusive cultures without any fear of judgement ever being evident. Further growth through training of this skillset has enabled a comprehensive personal resolve and resilience to gain positive outcomes to those that have faced complex personal, social and psychological issues.
This is why I believe that every person should receive the best support that they need and that this will have a positive effect not only to them personally but also to their family/social dynamic and thus to society i.e. the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. So, I took to becoming expansively trained in a way that I could make the most difference to people’s lives, whilst maintaining specialist experience in complex issue solving.
I strive to be someone who you can find a rapport and communicate with empathetically. Who is enthusiastic, dedicated, resilient and can support you in your issues, whilst maintaining clear boundaries and confidentiality. I want to make a difference to those that I work with that will have lasting effects on their lives, by being innovative and informed by substantiated best practice but not losing the human touch.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 5 Advanced Specialist Diploma in Psychotherapy (NCS).
- Level 4 Advanced Diploma in Counselling (Integrative) (MNCS Accredited).
- NCS Accredited Level 3 Foundation in (Integrative) Counselling.
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Trained (ASIST).
- Trauma Focused REWIND Technique.
- Understanding and Application of Solution Focused Therapy Principles.
- CMI Level 5 Award in Coaching and Mentoring.
- Traumatic Risk Management (TRiM) Practitioner and Team Leader.
- CMI Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership.
- CMI Level 6 Cert in Management and Leadership (Dec 14).
- HealthCare Quality Quest (Healthcare Governance Course).
- Extensive experience of working with complex issues for both Families and Individuals alongside a Mental Health Charity in outdoor environments utilising 'Surf Therapy'.
- Redruth Facilitator of a Mens' Mental Health group, whose primary mission is to reduce male suicide in Cornwall.
- University of Derby Certificate; Depression: A Compassionate View
- Certificate in Introduction to Psychological Trauma
- Certificate in Exploring Abusive Relationships
- Certificate in Understanding Substance Misuse
- Certificate in Nature Therapy
- Certificate in Working with Body Process
- Certificate in Somatic Resourcing
- Mental Health and the Body: Treating Trauma
- Working with Trauma in a Time of Trauma
- Working with Trauma that has become Stuck
- Working with Trauma Triggers and Flashbacks
- Working with Trauma Memories
- Trauma and the Body: Dissociation and Somatisation
- Working with Shame
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Monday 9am - 5pm
- Wednesday 9am - 5pm
- Thurday 9am - 5pm
- Weekend and evening sessions are available on specific request.
- Online and Telephone Sessions are also available.
What to expect
The fundamental philosophy of Sea and Land Therapy is that I believe in the uniqueness of the individual. That is, that every single person, their experience(s), values and beliefs as well as their perspectives is unique to them.
That is why every course of therapy is tailored specifically to the individual, by way of an integrative, innovative and respectful approach. This means that I as the therapist have trained and invoke a variety of theories and approaches, so that I can find the most effective way to support and assist you in overcoming whatever issues that may bring you to the therapeutic environment.
You will be empowered and supported to discuss what troubles you and how you can alleviate the stress of, or resolve these issues. Over the course of the sessions this will enable you to make choices and develop yourself so that you can lead the life that you want by gaining self-awareness and understanding.
Options to work in innovative ways
Where appropriate there is the option where we can work both in a traditional setting (one to one in a therapeutic room), as well as using outdoor environments. This can assist in the garnering of different perspectives as well as challenging or affirming current perceptions. This is a part of the tailored package that we can design, discuss and embark on during the course of our relationship.
What to expect
As with all personal therapy, every aspect is fully confidential, non-judgemental, empathetic and congruent. I look to work to a minimum of 8 sessions in order to fully invest in our relationship, understand and positively assist in your predicament(s). However, your therapy can be as long as you deem necessary.
I aim for short term benefits for initial respite from your current symptoms, as well as striving for long term sustainable positive changes and personal growth so that through life contentment can be achieved and maintained.