Dale Mitchell BSc (Hons) HE Dip. Registered MBACP
I am a Social Psychology graduate since 2004 and a qualified Integrative Therapist since 2011 having worked in Health & Social Care for over a decade. I am also a registered member of BACP and am experienced working with all adults, young people and children.
Additionally, I have extensive experience working with adults & children on the Autistic Spectrum having worked with, managed & developed tailored innovative services for individuals and groups on the Spectrum since 2004.
In addition to my Private Practice, I continue to work passionately as an Associated Therapist with several local Counselling & Psychotherapy centres, providing therapy to both neurotypical and neurodiverse adults and children. Due to this, I have gained extensive experience working with many challenges such as anxiety, depression, anger, trauma, impacted self esteem, relationships, bereavement/separation & loss in addition to daily stressors and personal development.
My integrative practice is flexible to the unique needs of every individual. I strive to provide a service that can help to facilitate therapeutic change within a safe, accepting, non judgemental environment and celebrate the beauty of diversity and the uniqueness of everyone I work with.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training & Qualifications
- Integrating Somatic Interventions in the Treatment of Trauma (2018)
- Treating General Anxiety and Panic Disorders (2018)
- BACP Children and Young People Conference - Working with children in their world, a practitioners response (2018)
- Psychological Theories of Trauma (2018)
- Psychological Theories of Trauma - The effects on Children and Young People (2018)
- Keeping Children Safe (2017)
- Play Matters Workshop (2017)
- Keeping Adults Safe (2016)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training - ASIST(2016)
- Life Maps Model - Youth Action (2016)
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency (2015)
- Safe Talk (2015)
- Anger Essentials (2015)
- Play Matters Workshop (2015)
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection Ambassador (2014)
- Mental Health First Aid (2014)
- HE. Diploma in Counselling Studies (2011)
- BSc. (Hons) Social Psychology (2004)
- Service Manager for Autism Initiatives (2005 - 2017)
- Aurora Counselling (2017 - present)
- Dale Mitchell Counselling & Psychotherapy (2017 - present)
- Koram Centre of Counselling & Psychotherapy (2015 - present)
- Youthlife (2015 - present)
- Autism Initiatives Counselling Service (2010 - 2014)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Child related issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
Photos & videos
£40 per session. Discounted rates can be negotiated for people on low income, unemployed and students.
If you feel that I can be of help to you or you have general queries, please don't hesitate to contact me on 07938725767 or by email.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|