Dale Mitchell BSc (Hons) HE Dip. MNCS (Prof Acc) MBACP
Having graduated with a Social Psychology Hons in 2004, I graduated as a professionally qualified integrative therapist in 2011. Having worked in Health & Social Care for over 15 years, I achieved Accredited Professional Registrant status through the National Counselling Society in addition to being a registered member of the British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists. I am experienced working with both neurotupical and neurodiverse adults, young people and children.
Additionally, I have extensive experience working with adults & children on the Autistic Spectrum having worked with, managed & developed tailored innovative services for individuals and groups on the Spectrum since 2004. In 2018, in the role of specialist consultant, I worked in partnership on the successful tender for the creation of the business plan for Derry & Strabane District Council to become Autism Friendly.
In addition to my private practice, I continue to work passionately in local primary/secondary schools and in the community as an Associated Therapist with several local Counselling & Psychotherapy centres, providing therapy to both neurotypical and neurodiverse adults and children. Due to this, I have gained extensive experience working with many challenges such as anxiety, depression, anger, trauma, impacted self esteem, relationships, bereavement/separation & loss in addition to daily stressors and personal development.
My integrative practice is flexible to the unique needs of every individual. I strive to provide a service that can help to facilitate therapeutic change within a safe, accepting, non judgemental environment and celebrate the beauty of diversity and the uniqueness of everyone I work with.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training & Qualifications
- International Virtual Trauma Summit (2020)
- How to do Counselling Online: A Coronavirus Primer (2020)
- Certified in the REWIND technique for Trauma, Fear & Phobia Intervention (2020)
- Making connections with an Autistic Brain (2020)
- NCS Accredited Professional Registrant (2019)
- ARC Trauma Treatment for Children & Adolescents (2019)
- Building Inner Platform for Solid, Secure Inner Self (2018)
- Safeguarding Adults & Child Protection (2018)
- Integrating Somatic Interventions in the Treatment of Trauma (2018)
- Treating General Anxiety and Panic Disorders (2018)
- BACP Children and Young People Conference - Working with children in their world, a practitioners response (2018)
- Psychological Theories of Trauma (2018)
- Psychological Theories of Trauma - The effects on Children and Young People (2018)
- Keeping Children Safe (2017)
- Play Matters Workshop (2017)
- Keeping Adults Safe (2016)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training - ASIST(2016)
- Life Maps Model - Youth Action (2016)
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency (2015)
- Safe Talk (2015)
- Anger Essentials (2015)
- Play Matters Workshop (2015)
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection Ambassador (2014)
- Mental Health First Aid (2014)
- HE. Diploma in Counselling Studies (2008-2011) 3 years
- Certificate in Counselling (2005) 1 year
- BSc. (Hons) Social Psychology (2001 - 2004) 3 years
- Specialist Consultant in successful tender for the business plan for Derry and Strabane District Council to become Autism Friendly (2018)
- Service Manager for Autism Initiatives (2005 - 2017)
- Aurora Counselling (2017 - present)
- Dale Mitchell Counselling & Psychotherapy (2017 - present)
- Koram Centre of Counselling & Psychotherapy (2015 - present)
- Youthlife (2015 - present)
- Autism Initiatives Counselling Service (2010 - 2014)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40 per session. Discounted rates can be negotiated for people on low income, unemployed and students.
If you feel that I can be of help to you or you have general queries, please don't hesitate to contact me on 07538 594762 or by email.