Dale Mitchell BSc (Hons) HE Dip. Registered MBACP
I am a Social Psychology graduate since 2004 and a qualified therapist since 2011 and have worked in Health & Social Care for over a decade. I am also a Registered Member of BACP. During this time I worked with, developed & managed services for adults, young people and children on the Autistic Spectrum in addition to providing counselling in an Autistic specific counselling service.
I have continued providing therapy to adults and children on the spectrum in addition to counselling all children & young people who have been impacted by bereavement, separation or loss.
I continue to work passionately within local counselling & psychotherapy centres in addition to a private practice. Through this I have extensive experience working with adults, young people and children who are faced with personal challenges such as anger, anxiety, depression and low self esteem amongst others.
I am an Integrative therapist with a humanistic base and strive to provide a service that can help facilitate therapeutic change within a safe, accepting non judgemental environment.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training & Qualifications
- Psychological Theories of Trauma (2018)
- Keeping Children Safe (2017)
- Play Matters Workshop (2017)
- Keeping Adults Safe (2016)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training - ASIST(2016)
- Life Maps Model - Youth Action (2016)
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency (2015)
- Safe Talk (2015)
- Anger Essentials (2015)
- Play Matters Workshop (2015)
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection Ambassador (2014)
- Mental Health First Aid (2014)
- HE. Diploma in Counselling Studies (2011)
- BSc. (Hons) Social Psychology (2004)
- Service Manager for Autism Initiatives (2005 - 2017)
- Aurora Counselling (2017 - present)
- Dale Mitchell Counselling & Psychotherapy (2017 - present)
- Koram Centre of Counselling & Psychotherapy (2015 - present)
- Youthlife (2015 - present)
- Autism Initiatives Counselling Service (2010 - 2014)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Child related issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
£40 per session. Discounted rates can be negotiated for people on low income, unemployed and students.
If you feel that I can be of help to you or you have general queries, please don't hesitate to contact me on 07938725767 or by email.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|