BSc (Hons) HE Dip. MNCS (Prof Acc) MBACP
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Having graduated with a Social Psychology Hons in 2004, I graduated as a professionally qualified integrative therapist in 2011. Having worked in Health & Social Care for over 15 years, I achieved Accredited Professional Registrant status through the National Counselling Society in addition to being a registered member of the British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists. I am experienced working with both neurotupical and neurodiverse adults, young people and children.
Additionally, I have extensive experience working with adults & children on the Autistic Spectrum having worked with, managed & developed tailored innovative services for individuals and groups on the Spectrum since 2004. In 2018, in the role of specialist consultant, I worked in partnership on the successful tender for the creation of the business plan for Derry & Strabane District Council to become Autism Friendly.
In addition to my private practice, I continue to work passionately in local primary/secondary schools and in the community as an Associated Therapist with several local Counselling & Psychotherapy centres, providing therapy to both neurotypical and neurodiverse adults and children. Due to this, I have gained extensive experience working with many challenges such as anxiety, depression, anger, trauma, impacted self esteem, relationships, bereavement/separation & loss in addition to daily stressors and personal development.
My integrative practice is flexible to the unique needs of every individual. I strive to provide a service that can help to facilitate therapeutic change within a safe, accepting, non judgemental environment and celebrate the beauty of diversity and the uniqueness of everyone I work with.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training & Qualifications
- Intensive Anxiety Management for Children & Adolescents (2021)
- OCD: Best Treatment Strategies for Children & Adolescents (2021)
- Behaviour and Emotion Management for children & adolescents with Autism (2021)
- Addressing self harm in schools - A priority for all (ACAMH - webinar) (2021)
- Clinical Applications of Polyvagal Treatment in the treatment of Trauma (2021)
- Autism & Mental Health Conference NAS (2021)
- Keeping Children Safe Child Protection (2021)
- International Virtual Trauma Summit (2020)
- How to do Counselling Online: A Coronavirus Primer (2020)
- Certified in the REWIND technique for Trauma, Fear & Phobia Intervention (2020)
- Making connections with an Autistic Brain (2020)
- NCS Accredited Professional Registrant (2019)
- ARC Trauma Treatment for Children & Adolescents (2019)
- Building Inner Platform for Solid, Secure Inner Self (2018)
- Safeguarding Adults & Child Protection (2018)
- Integrating Somatic Interventions in the Treatment of Trauma (2018)
- Treating General Anxiety and Panic Disorders (2018)
- BACP Children and Young People Conference - Working with children in their world, a practitioners response (2018)
- Psychological Theories of Trauma (2018)
- Psychological Theories of Trauma - The effects on Children and Young People (2018)
- Keeping Children Safe (2017)
- Play Matters Workshop (2017)
- Keeping Adults Safe (2016)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training - ASIST(2016)
- Life Maps Model - Youth Action (2016)
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency (2015)
- Safe Talk (2015)
- Anger Essentials (2015)
- Play Matters Workshop (2015)
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection Ambassador (2014)
- Mental Health First Aid (2014)
- HE. Diploma in Counselling Studies (2008-2011) 3 years
- Certificate in Counselling (2005) 1 year
- BSc. (Hons) Social Psychology (2001 - 2004) 3 years
- Specialist Consultant in successful tender for the business plan for Derry and Strabane District Council to become Autism Friendly (2018)
- Service Manager for Autism Initiatives (2005 - 2017)
- Aurora Counselling (2017 - present)
- Dale Mitchell Counselling & Psychotherapy (2017 - present)
- Koram Centre of Counselling & Psychotherapy (2015 - present)
- Youthlife (2015 - present)
- Autism Initiatives Counselling Service (2010 - 2014)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40.00 per session
Concessions offered for
£40 per session. Discounted rates can be negotiated for people on low income, unemployed, students and OAPs.
When I work
Currently off on annual leave but due return 12.04.21
If you feel that I can be of help to you or you have general queries, please don't hesitate to contact me on 07538 594762 or by email.