07922281853 / 07922281853
I am a fully qualified and experienced Counsellor and Integrative Psychotherapist. That means I have training and experience in different kinds of therapy and theories to help individuals work through their difficulties. I am qualified and experienced in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Person Centred Therapy and Attachment Theory. I am also a Qualified Mental Heath Nurse, with nearly 20 years experience in the NHS.
Life can be really difficult and challenging and for many of us, things that happen throughout can cause pressure to build and patterns to form. Sometimes, this may be due to our experiences growing up and developing in our world and sometimes it's the things that happen to us as adults. Sometimes we might not have a clue why, or where the issues started! Counselling and therapy is an opportunity to explore all of this with somebody qualified and experienced, but most of all human!
Training, qualifications & experience
2015 - 2017: Post Grad Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy: Derby University.
2015 – 2016: Certificate in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy: Derby University.
2011 – 2012: Postgrad Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Complex Care: University of Sussex.
2005 - 2006: BSc modules in Professional Education in Practice: Leicester De Montfort University.
2005 – 2006: Bsc module in The Reduction of Violence and Aggression: Leicester De Montfort.
2000-2003: Diploma in Mental Health Nursing, University of Nottingham.
- Registered Mental Health Nurse, practising since 2000.
- Experience as a Community Psychiatric Nurse.
- Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist in secondary mental health service.
- Drug/alcohol Nurse.
- Person centred therapist for youth service.
- Sub contracted therapist for sexual violence and assault counselling service.
- Private therapist.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Fee's are £35, £40, or £45 depending on what you think you can afford.
Initial session cost is £15.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekends, some evenings.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|