Charlotte Deeves MBACP (Accred), MA (Oxon)
I am a fully qualified and accredited counsellor with over 15 years of experience in health, social care and the charitable sector. For the past 8 years I have been employed in both adult and children's hospices, specialising in the provision of counselling to those experiencing complex health needs, bereavement and loss.
Of course I also work with many issues associated with loss including anxiety, depression, relationship difficulties, trauma, low self esteem and stress.
I provide warmth, empathy, encouragement and acceptance to help you to explore your thoughts, feelings and behaviours.
I use both person-centred and psychodynamic approaches to enable you to identify the challenges you are facing and to support you in finding your own unique path through them. I may help you to explore the past to establish how this might be influencing the present.
If you would like a free, no obligation telephone assessment, or have any questions, please contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling-University of Cambridge
- Certificate of Higher Education in Counselling-University of Cambridge
- BA (Hons) Experimental Psychology-University of Oxford
- Working with Families with a Physical Illness:A Systemic Approach-The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- 8 Years of bereavement experience at East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices and Sue Ryder adult hospice in Leckhampton.
I worked together with senior staff at Addenbrookes hospital in Cambridge to develop a neonatal care pathway for babies and their families. I held the role of lead counselling and wellbeing practitioner for this project.
During the past 15 years, I have worked frequently with individuals and families facing bereavement and loss, terminal diagnosis, neonatal intensive care, physical and learning disabilities, brain injury, anxiety and depression and relationship difficulties.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Learning difficulties
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
£50 per session.
I provide reduced rates for Trainee Counsellors. Please contact me to discuss this.
- I am fully insured and registered.
- I engage in regular supervision with a senior accredited supervisor.
- I adhere fully to the BACP’s Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.
- I work from a discrete and secure therapy space in central Nailsworth. There is level access from the local car parks with one shallow step down into the building.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me for current availability. I offer some flexible appointments.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|