Catherine Tiler. MBACP (Accred), Dip Couns, BSc(Hons).
I am an Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP).
I understand that it takes a lot of courage and trust to make the first contact in asking for help. We can often feel isolated with our problems, but you don’t have to continue to struggle on your own. Things can change and you can feel better. I aim to offer a supportive, safe, comfortable and confidential environment where you can feel comfortable to talk about any concerns or worries you may have.
I am a professional, qualified and experienced Counsellor. I offer short or long term therapy for people seeking help with a wide range of issues, including depression, anxiety, bereavement and abuse.
I have worked for a National Mental Health charity since 2011, at a GP surgery, work in my own private practice and have also been a volunteer for the Samaritans for several years. I am also currently training for an additional Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and am trained to facilitate groups within a CBT based 8 week life skills programme “Living Life to the Full”. I am an Accredited Registered Member of the BACP and am governed by the ethical standards and professional requirements of the BACP. I have Enhanced CRB clearance for my counselling work.
I have trained as an Integrative Counsellor which means that I utilise skills and theories from different counselling approaches to suit each individual's needs. I believe that each person's needs are best served by an approach that draws from many types of therapy rather than rigidly adhering to one. I place great importance on selecting the best therapeutic approach to suit the unique needs of each individual person. Each session is tailored specifically to you in order to achieve the best outcome specific to you.
We are all different and many of us go through times in our lives where we need extra help and support. It is often difficult to share our thoughts and feelings with those we love and those who are closest to us. I provide a safe, comfortable, confidential environment and offer warmth and understanding enabling you to gain control over areas of your life that you are not happy with and achieve the better life you deserve.
Please do call me to discuss how I can help. There is no obligation to arrange an appointment, just find out what counselling is about, whether it is likely to help you and what I can do to help.
My contact number is 07881 064735. Just let me know if you would prefer me to call you back.
If you are not local to me, that is not a problem. I offer Counselling sessions via Skype.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy MBACP
- British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy Certificate of Proficiency
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling Level 4
- Certificate in Counselling Skills Level 3
- Certificate in Counselling Concepts Level 2
- BSc (Honours) - First Class
- Additional Diploma in CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) - Current study
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Transactional Analysis
- Solution Focussed Therapy
- Working with Loss and Bereavement
- Suicide Intervention Skills
- Understanding Anxiety
- Understanding Depression
- Self Esteem
- Stress Management
- Anger Management
- Domestic Abuse
- Emotional Intelligence
- Substance Misuse Awareness
- Mental Health Awareness
- Listening Skills
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults
- Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People
- Anxiety Conference
- Rethink Mental Health Seminar
- Autistic Spectrum Condition
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
How much does Counselling cost?
The charge for each session is £45.00.
I offer evening sessions for people who work during the day.
If you are unable to attend a session, I ask that you let me know by email or telephone, giving at least 24 hours notice. If you fail to do so, you will be invoiced for the session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|