Dr Carole Blythe - Chartered Psychologist and UKCP registered Psychotherapist
257 London Road
07909 812 610
My name is Carole Blythe. I am a Chartered Psychologist and Psychotherapist with a private practice in Headington, Oxford OX3. I offer short and long term counselling and psychotherapy to adults from all walks of life who wish to address difficulties in their lives.
I also work as a therapist in the NHS. Previously I have worked as a therapist in a substance abuse recovery service, in a university student counselling service, a youth counselling service and within a corporate setting.
I work with a wide range of life issues including depression, anxiety, bereavement, work-related stress, relationship difficulties, early life trauma and addictions.
My approach is integrative and relational, developing from psychodynamic, humanistic and developmental theories, as well as from current research in psychology and neuro-science. This approach enables me to offer clients a therapeutic relationship that is based on their specific needs and personality.
I aim to help you explore your current situation, to develop an awareness of your feelings, thoughts and behaviours and help you gain a meaningful understanding of yourself and how you respond to life and to people around you. I see therapy as a process of self-discovery and a means of developing an increased capacity for choice.
The initially meeting:
At the first meeting I will ask some questions about you, your hopes and your aims for coming to therapy. This is also an opportunity for you to ask questions of me and find out if I am the right therapist for you. Assuming we decide to work together at this first session we will make a contract to work together for an initial period e.g. for 6 sessions, before reviewing our work together and then deciding how we continue.
Confidentiality is paramount throught the therapy process.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy – Metanoia Institute (www.metanoia.ac.uk) and Middlesex University (www.mdx.ac.uk)
- Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy – Metanoia Institute / UKCP accredited (www.psychotherapy.org.uk)
- Graduation Diploma in Psychology – Buckingham Chilterns University College
- HCPC registered: The title “Counselling Psychologist” can only be used by those registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) (www.hcpc-uk.org) an independent regulator set up by the Health and Social Work Professions Order 2001. Registration number: PYL 35624
- Chartered Psychologist: Chartered psychologist status with the British Psychological Society (BPS) (www.bps.org.uk) reflects the highest standard of psychological knowledge and expertise. Chartered Psychologist status is the BPS gold standard, demonstrating a commitment to professional development and high ethical standards of practice, teaching and research. Chartered psychologists are entitled to use the designation 'CPsychol'.
- UKCP registered: The United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapists (UKCP) (www.psychotherapy.org.uk) holds national registers of psychotherapists, listing those practitioners who meet exacting standards and training requirements.
- I subscribe to the UKCP, BPS and Metanoia Institute code of ethics.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Emotional abuse
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
An area of special interest to me is addictions, I am particularly interested in working to aid people who have experienced difficulties with substance abuse, sex addiction, gambling addiction or internet porn addiction.
I offer daytime and early evening appointments during the week.
To make an appointment you can either:
- telephone: 07909 812610 or
- email me: email@example.com
If you do telephone me, you are likely to get my voicemail or I may not be able to speak to you personally.
Please do leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I am available.
My consulting room is within easy reach from the City Centre and the ring round; there is a bus stop a few metres away and free two hour parking in the adjacent streets.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer daytime and early evening appointments during week days.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|