Comprehensive and Compassionate Therapy to help you conquer your life’s challenges.
Are you struggling with your relationship? Finding it hard to find the real you? Dealing with family or friendship issues? Noticing that your child is struggling and needs support? Finding it difficult to cope with everyday life or realizing you need to value yourself more? If you have any of these thoughts, they are all things that you can bring to therapy amongst many others. We can work together for you to find a path through your challenges in a non-judgemental, empathetic, and honest process. What ever the challenge in life is, counselling can be a safe space for you to develop a deep sense of self which during life’s more difficult moments can be of assistance moving forwards.
What can I offer you.
I work with you, listening to what is happening for you, asking questions and prompts to help us both understand what the challenges in life are for you and the best ways to approach these to help find you the route forward to happiness and fulfilment. I work in an integrative style with a Person Centred base, combining CBT, Art and Mindfulness into the work when required. This means I work in a manner that means you direct the sessions which are held in a non-judgemental, honest and empathetic space.
Who do I work with and in what settings?
I work in person and online, offering a range of different options. These include, working in schools with young people, working with adults and children in private settings, which for face to face therapy include working with you in your home or place you feel safe to talk, Walk and Talk therapy and where needed in a suitable room booked by myself. I also offer online video counselling, phone, and text-based options. This allows me to be flexible and have a range of availability to accommodate all clients. I understand that committing to therapy is a brave step and I offer a free initial phone or video chat to see if you feel that the way I work will suit you. I then offer either 30-minute sessions to go through paperwork and to answer any further questions or 50-minute sessions. More information and booking options can be found through my website; www.brainhubcpw.com or contacting me directly on 07379116533.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling
- SCITT PGCE Design Technology
- BSc Product Design and Mechanicsn
- CPD One Day CBT Training Workshop
- CPD One Drug Awareness Workshop Counsellor with Penhaligon (Agency working with adults)
- Counsellor with Pool Academy (working with children)
- Counsellor with Counsellors Together CIC (Agency working with Adults including addiction)
- ACES Early Years Training Course TIS Headstart UK, support for returing to schools 2 day course
- Online Events Webinar on Working with Children and Young People Online
- CPD Existential Perspectives
- Accredited Member of NCS and Counsellors Together
- Fully insured through Oxygen Insurance Company
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Single Session Therapy
Chronic Pain and Illness
£50.00 per session
Concessions offered for
- Initial Meeting - £25
- Domiciliary - £50 (50 Minute Session)
- Office Based - £50 (50 Minute Session)
- Walk and Talk - £50 (50 Minute Session)
- Phone Counselling - £50 (50 Minute Session)
- Online Video Counselling - £50 (50 Minute Session)
- Instant Messenger - £50 (50 Minute Session)
- Block bookings of 8 sessions - 5% Discount
- School contracts negotiable depending on frequency and hours required.
9 am - 8 pm Monday to Friday Weekends possible, please discuss when contacting Phil.
Offer a 5% Discount for Counselling Students