Bhavna Sennik MBPsS, BABCP Accredited, CBT Psychotherapist, DPsych Candidate
I offer over ten years’ experience in working in mental health, both privately and within the NHS. As an experienced – and more importantly, passionate – Psychotherapist, I have worked with people facing anxiety, depression, relationship issues, work stress, complex trauma, OCD and psychosis, amongst many others. Identifying the main presenting problem, formulating these difficulties and delivering evidence based interventions is the systematic, approach I take when working with my clients. I work with adults and adolescents and can provide Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) alongside other therapies.
My therapy service is inclusive, connected and values differences between: adults, adolescents, background, religion, and sexuality. I specialise in chronic illness, such as diabetes and oncology as well as various anxiety presentations like public speaking, panic, social anxiety, generalised anxiety and PTSD.
Details of my qualifications and experience are below, though I believe the best way to decide whether coaching or therapy may be useful is to get in touch and arrange a free initial consultation. You can then decide whether you think it is right for you; there is no obligation for you to take any intervention further.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have undergone extensive training throughout the duration of my career, and continue to update and improve my practice through regular supervision and continuing professional development.
I believe that part of being a scientific practitioner is that you are constantly inquisitive about ways in which evidence bases can develop. I have written research papers on Junior Doctors and Mental Health (unpublished) and my future research is focused around traumatic experience.
• Accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and with Graduate Basis for Chartership (GBC)
• Accredited by The British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
• Currently reading a Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (DPsych).
• Master’s degree in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (MSc CBT).
• Degree in Psychology (BSc (Hons) Psych)
• Extensive experience working in various mental health settings, both inpatient and outpatient.
• Individual and group coaching and therapy.
• Severe and enduring mental health problems such as Personality Disorders and Eating Disorders.
• Working with adolescents (I have worked in specialist CAMHS, children who are looked after), adults and the elderly.
• Senior Lecturer for undergraduate degree in Psychology, BSc.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Please contact me to discuss.
The number of sessions does vary from person to person. I’ll know what is suitable during our initial consultation and we can adjust during the course of sessions.
Specialist Clinical areas I treat:
• Anger management
• Generalised anxiety disorder
• Low self-confidence
• Low self-esteem
• Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
• Panic disorder
• Chronic Illness
• Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Life Coaching areas:
• Increasing confidence and self-esteem
• Becoming more assertive
• Overcoming anxiety
• Finding fulfilment
• Increasing motivation
• Building better relationships
• Manage stress effectively
• Become more productive
• Overcome procrastination
• Goal setting
• Finding a purpose
• Effective decision making
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Hindi, Punjabi|
Monday - Sunday (8am-10pm)
Types of client
Supervision & training
I offer supervision for: Cognitive Behavioural Therapists (CBT), Psychological Well-being Practitioners (PWP), trainee CBT therapists and PWPs.