Bernadette Turner MBACP, Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
1 Victoria Square
Blythe Valley Park
0121 680 9798 / 07951 271 112
Does life feel like it’s getting on top of you?
When you are seeking therapy, finding the right therapist is the first and most important step. With the right therapist, you feel understood and safe to explore difficult issues. I am a warm and empathic listener who can help you gain insight into your life and give you tools to regain control.
Whether you are looking for help with multiple issue’s, your Marriage, Relationships, Depression, Anxiety, Work Issues, Self Confidence or just feeling ‘Stuck’. Please give me call for a no obligation discussion, as to your requirements and I can explain how best we could work together to enhance your life. Alternatively email me, or visit my website for some free self-help guides.
I am committed and happy to work with you, to provide support to your unique and special needs to attaining your goals.
"You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you."
I have been a practising counsellor / psychotherapist in Birmingham and Solihull for over 20 years. I am committed to providing counselling and psychotherapy in a caring, safe, confidential and non-judgmental environment.
A number of benefits I can provide with over 20 years experience include, but are not limited to the following:
- Attaining a better understanding of yourself, your goals and values
- Developing skills for improving your relationships
- Finding resolution to the issues or concerns that led you to seek therapy
- Learning new ways to cope with stress and anxiety
- Managing anger, grief, depression, OCD, and other emotional pressures
- Improving communications and listening skills
- Changing old behaviour patterns, addictions and developing new ones
- Discovering new ways to solve problems in your family or marriage
- Improving your self-esteem and boosting self-confidence
This months video is on DEPRESSION, please visit my website to view it.
I am a Integrative Counsellor which means that I combine several models of counselling, to fit the needs of each client, including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT). This means I tailor the therapy to suit you, because we are all individuals with different needs.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, CBT is recommended by the NHS, NICE guidelines, as you can achieve a lot with a fewer number of sessions, therefore it may be cost effective for you. For further details, visit my website page on About Counselling for Free Self Help Guides plus a video 'What is Counselling'.
I work with Individuals, Couples, Companies, Employee Assistance Programs (EAP’s) and other Groups, in Birmingham B1, Solihull B90 and Hall Green B28. With the aim of enabling people, to enhance their lives and to live them more fully.
I also offer Personal Therapy and Supervision to Counsellors and do Clinical Supervision for Individuals and Groups.
I also work with Critical Incident Debriefing and Post Traumatic Stress.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Reg. Practitioner Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP).
- Member of Association for Counselling at Work (ACW)
- Faculty of Healthcare Counsellors and Psychotherapists (FHCP)
- British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
- Accredited Diploma in Humanistic Counselling
- Certificate in Person Centred Counselling
- Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour
- Certificate in Brief Solution Focused Counselling
- Certificate in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Certificate in Critical Incident Debriefing
I have worked in many different settings as a Counsellor, including NHS Primary Care Trusts, Mental Health, Addiction Services, Domestic Violence, Occupational Health, Sexual Abuse, Relationships, HMP and Probation Service and with the Emergency Services. I still continue to work with some of the organisation’s I have previously worked with and have been in private practice for 12 years.
I am a MBACP member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and on the Professional Standards Authority Accredited Register and hold professional indemnity Insurance. My Practice is compliant with the BACP ethical standards for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Anxiety & Panic attacks
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Couples Mediation
- Relationship issues
- Family issues
- Addictions- Drug , Alcohol & Gambling
- Bipolar disorder / manic depression
- Separation, Divorce, Betrayals, Affairs
- Anger Management
- Critical Incident Debriefing
- Life Changes / Personal Growth / Life Coaching
- Assertiveness and Self Esteem
- Stress, work stress
- Anxiety Management
- Coping with Change
- LGB Relationships
- Post-Traumatic Stress
- Female Issues
- Stroke, Heart Support
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Photos & videos
Sessions are held at my private office.
My fees are as follow.
£40 to £50 per session.
Concessionary Rates for Students and Low Income.
WEEKEND & EVENING APPOINTMENTS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE.
To have a no obligation chat as to your requirements, Please give me a call 07951 271 112
I will use my professional skills, to offer a confidential, non-judgmental, empathic, accepting, caring and supporting relationship to help you to move forward with your life.
Personal Injury, Accident, Medical, Legal and Insurance work undertaken.
I have Counselling practices in Birmingham City, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield, Hall Green, West Midlands, Warwickshire and within easy reach of M5, M6, M42, M40 and Stratford Road Shirley.
Please call me for no obligation discussion, as to your requirements and I can explain how best we could work together to enhance your life, alternatively email me, or visit my website for some free self-help guides.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm. WEEKEND & EVENING APPOINTMENTS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|