Becky Willoughby MBACP Integrative Counsellor Child and Family Counselling
I am now taking supervision clients on following my Diploma in Supervision Level 6.
I place great emphasis upon a good therapeutic relationship between both practitioner and client as the main basis of our sessions together. Trust, honesty and congruence being key components.
Drawing on years of experience working with adults and children in many varied settings, I feel I can offer you a safe space that can allow you to process your inner thoughts and make sense of feelings and emotions that can arise. I work with children and adults covering many areas such as low self esteem, social anxiety, eating disorders along with working with children and parents managing behavioural issues that can often arise.
I am also experienced in working with relationship breakdowns, bereavement and loss covering a range of emotions that can often allow people to feel stuck within themselves or a situation.
Working within an integrative model means that I draw on many modalities to support you.
I work within an integrative model drawing on TA, CBT, mindfulness and psychotherapeutic modalaties throughout therapy. These are all ways of working that we can explore together and agree on before moving forward within therapy revisiting as we work.
Being presented with the right tools at the right time can often facilitate a move forward or a shift in perception. Simply being heard can often be a powerful tool within the therapy room.
Working within a comfortable holistic non clinical setting I also use creative therapy when appropriate and agreed upon, working at a pace that you feel comfortable with. However I do challenge where and when appropriate in order to support you in facilitating change.
I am also trained to work with co-parents in conflict. This work is specialised and myself and a co counsellor will facilitate sessions in order to support parents in conflict who are often within the court process. We can work alongside Cafcas to support and enable a healthy co parenting relationship to support the child. We can also support parents in learning how to better communicate once separated in order to keep the child at the centre.
Training, qualifications & experience
I started out as a complementary therapist 19 years ago moving into teaching therapies and then onto counselling. I have experience working within hospice settings with terminal illness, NHS settings and secondary schools.
I have since added family counselling. Couples and parent support. Working now with families, adults, teenagers and young children.
I work on a one to one basis, I also offer parent and child sessions, family group work, and work one to one with a wide range of ages to support individuals and the family.
- Supervision Training Level 6 Diploma. Ongoing
- Narcissism and children.
- Tavistock Mentalization treatment for couples in high conflict
- Tavistock Co Parent Family dynamics
- Safeguarding children and young people online.
- Tavistock working with inter-parental conflict
- Beat Supporting families with Eating Disorders conference
- Working with children and families within the spectrum
- Anxiety in children and young people. CAMHS.
- Ptsd. Children and trauma
- Pods training. Dissasociation and personality disorders.
- Sand play creative play. The Open Toybox.
- Eating Disorder annual CPD. Beat organisation.
- Adlerian Family counselling. Bucks Adlerian society
- Attachment Theory and Family Dynamics.
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling. Aylesbury college
- Therapies with Cancer patients: Mount Vernon Centre
- Cancer and its Treatments: Mount Vernon Centre
- Mindfulness in Practise: The Hospice of St Francis
- Health and Safety awareness: Youth services Buckinghamshire County Council
- Data Protection Training: Connexions Service
- Working together and Holding the Difference: BACP children and young people
- Working with the impact of Parental Conflict on Children and Young People’s Mental Health: CAMHS
- Bereavement supporter training: Iainne Rennie Hospice
- Reiki Master practitioner Teacher Level
- Reiki Practitioner Levels 1 2 and 3
- Neuromuscular Trigger point practice
- Diploma in holistic and Clinical Aromatherapy: Tisserand Institute
- Young Children and Babies Developmental course: NCMA
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I offer support to parents/carers of young children with a range of issues. I work closely with parents offering parent support utelising Adlerian theory.
The areas we cover in sessions with some of the creative play can be related to issues presented within the school setting as well as problems within the family home such as fears, anxiety, attachment issues, sleep problems and eating problems to name a few.
I work with teens and young adults experiencing difficulties on many levels.
I work closely with parents going through relationship breakdown and also offer sessions to single parents and children to look at strengthening communication.
There is a designated waiting area outside the therapy room for parents to remain on the premises if they so wish.
- An initial Free 20 minutes is offered on the telephone. This is to establish if we are able to work together and look at your needs.
- Initial assesment session: £65.00 for 1hr 10
- Adult sessions: £55.00 for 1hr
- Child sessions: £55.00 for 1hr
- 20% discount is available for a limited number of students training to become counsellors.
- Joint Parenting support session: £65.00 1hr £85.00 1hr30
- Parent and child session: £65.00 1hr
- Couples Therapy sessions: £65.00 1hr £85.00 1hr30
- Family Therapy sessions: £95.00 1hr £115.00 1hr30
- Supervision session: £60.00 1hr £80.00 1hr30
- I have limited designated concessionary places available please enquire.
- Willow has a designated team of qualified counsellors who work with children and adults. All Willow team members are fully insured and have a current DBS in order to work under the branch of Willow.
- We have connections with CAMHS children's mental health team along with links for medical and psychological support with Eating Disordesrs.
- As a team we also work with courts to support parents moving through the seperation process where CAFCAS may be involved. Please contact for this specialised work in high conflict.
Concessions offered for
I work within a period Victorian house set on the edge of Tring High Street.
Willow Therapy is situated on the second floor alongside other independent practitioners.
PLEASE NOTE: This room has a shared waiting area with other practitioners within the upstairs practice.
The room is tucked away off the main High Street offering anonymity but conveniently located for ease of access via bus train and car with ample parking in the nearby car park or off road parking.
The room is a holistic setting and provides a space for therapy that is gentle and holding with plenty of creative play if needed.
All sessions can be adapted to online video via zoom facetime or WhatsApp. Alternatively phone sessions can be arranged. For all remote sessions a seperate contract will be emailed out.
Please feel free to visit my Facebook page for any further information or testimonies on sessions with me at Willow Therapy.