Hello, my name is Barbara.
I am a fully qualified counsellor and accredited with BACP. Over the last 12 years I have been working with adults and teenagers in the Walsall area dealing with an array of diverse. sensitive and cross-cultural issues.
I work from an integrative approach, using person-centred, solution-focussed and REBT for the majority of my work.
I understand how difficult it can be to reach out, sometimes just knowing where to start can be a huge obstacle. Counselling offers a safe, warm and confidential setting to help you explore your feelings, understand your behaviours and look for ways of managing your emotions.
The counselling setting gives you time to off-load and explore your inner thoughts and feelings without judgement or pressure.
So, if you feel that you would like me to be alongside you on your personal journey, I will do my utmost to support and be beside you throughout.
Please call for a confidential exploration of your needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 4 Diploma in Integrative counselling & psychotherapy
- Certificate in Counselling Skills and Theory
- Extensive experience working with adults in an agency setting
- Extensive experience working with teenagers in schools and agency settings
- Safeguarding Level 2
- Domestic Violence Awareness
- Stalking and harassment awareness training
- Child sexual exploitation
- Gender Dysphoria
- Schizophrenia Awareness
- Prevent Training
- Primary Care Triple P training
- Bereavement counselling
- Advanced child protection training
- Miscarriage Counselling
- Legal Highs Training
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
Sessions cost 40.00 for 50 minutes.
I work with adults and young people from age 11+
I offer a warm, safe, confidential space close to Walsall town centre.
I am available for daytime and evening appointments, some Saturday morning slots available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client