Anne Barber M(BACP)Registered. UKATA Dip TA Psychotherapy
A warm welcome to Anne Barber counselling and Psychotherapy. I have been a teacher/examiner for over twenty years in West Sussex, and have always been fascinated and curious about human behaviour.
Alongside my teaching I decided to train as a TA Psychotherapist, I believe the power is in the relationship in the therapy room and we all have the capacity to change. We may all experience difficult periods in our lives, and together we can explore whatever is troubling you, and make sense of your distress.
I provide a safe, confidential, non-judgemental environment, where you can talk and explore your feelings.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified Psycho-therapeutic Counsellor,
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Transactional Analysis psychotherapy (Dip TA Practice)
- Advanced Clinical training in Transactional Analysis.
- Certificate in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy.
- Certificate in Counselling Skills.
- UKATA Diploma in TA Psychotherapy.
I am a registered member of UKATA and the BACP.
I work within strict guidelines,I have clinical supervision on my work, and have full professional indemnity insurance.
Alongside my teaching I work for Macmillan in partnership with the NHS at RSCH in Brighton.I am also a resident Counsellor at Beacon Academy Sixth Form College in Crowborough.I continue my journey to registration with UKCP, uphold the ethical standards of the professional bodies I belong to and continue to update my CPD.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
I charge £50 for a 50 minute session.Fees are discussed together at our first initial meeting before any commitment to ongoing therapy is made.
My fee for initial consultations is £30.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available during weekdays and weekends.
Types of client