I am a child psychotherapeutic counsellor and a qualified social Worker with over 20 years’ experience of supporting children, adults and their families. I work with children, parents & carers, adults and those who have had very difficult and painful early lives.
I offer a safe, warm and empathic relationship where I try to create a safe place for children or adults to begin to make sense of the past and begin to find new ways to live beyond the hurts and to flourish. Through working together, it is hoped that each individual develops a more settled sense of self and gains the ability to enjoy more from life and all relationships. Being a child, young person, adult or parent today seems mixed up with not knowing what to do with overwhelming feelings or behaviours. Together, we can build upon the tools to explore ourselves, to enjoy childhood and growing up, enjoy rather than endure parenting, or simply enjoy who we are and all of our varied relationships.
I specialise in a range of presenting issues. Some of which are –
- Adoption, Children who are Looked After or have experienced early life neglect, abuse and trauma.
- Family work.
- Attachment difficulties
- Life story work.
- Sexuality and gender issues.
- Child on parent violence.
Alongside talking, I use the Arts and Play to express feelings when words are not enough or there simply are no words (Sunderland).
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma Child Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Institiute for Arts in Therapy & Education)
- Diploma Clinical Supervision (currently in training at the Sherwood Institute)
- BA Hons Health & Community Studies
- Msc Social Work
- Diploma Social Work
- Qualified EMDR adults & Children (working towards accreditation)
- Dyadic Development Psychotherapy (DDP)
- Non Violence Resistance (NVR)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Young carers
Please contact me re fees.
I am currently in training to become a clinical supervisor and will be offering low cost supervision for a select period of time. I currently have spaces for supervisees.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
Supervision & training
I am currently undertaking a diploma in clinical supervision at the Sherwood Psychotherapy Institute and have spaces for supervises. .View supervision profile