Angela Deakin RGN, PGDip PST, COSRT (Accredited), Dip.Sex Addiction/Compulsivity
I am a Registered Nurse, Psychosexual Therapist, Sex Addiction Therapist and Relationship Counsellor
Psychosexual Therapy is aimed at helping people who have difficulties in their sexual relations. An important part of a healthy adult relationship is an active and satisfying sex life
Problems may be:
- Unable to maintain an erection.
- Unable to get an erection.
- Pain on penetrative sex.
- Lack of desire.
- Premature ejaculation.
- Unable to achieve an orgasm.
- Unable to achieve ejaculation.
Other difficulties may be as the result of:
- Sexual abuse/rape
- Medical conditions
- Dislike of sex
- Sexual addiction
As a relationship Counsellor I can offer support to couples who are experiencing difficulties in their relationship. I will help you:
- Find solutions to conflict
- Communicate more effectively.
- Deal with the effects of affairs
- Rebuilding trust
- Work together to create harmony
- Come to terms with a future apart after the relationship has failed
- Become intimate again and improve your sex life through Sex Therapy
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered Nurse (RGN)
- PGDip Relationship Therapy (Psychosexual Therapy)
- Dip. Sex Addiction/Compulsivity (Accred. Middlesex University)
- Certificate Working with Couples (Theory and Practice)
- Certificate Genito Urinary Infections and Related Problems
- Certificate Contraception and Reproductive Health Care
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Accredited Member of College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT)
- Member Royal College of Nursing (RCN)
- Member ATSAC/BASHH
I work for the NHS in a Sexual Health Clinic in Hampshire as a Psychosexual Therapist
I trained with Relate as a Psychosexual Therapist in 2007.
I trained as a Sex Addiction Therapist at The Marylebone Center, London
I have a successful Private Practice and offer a comfortable and relaxing environment.
I am a Senior Accredited member of COSRT. I am bound by their Codes of Ethics and Principles of Good Practice for Members.
I hold full professional indemnity and public liability insurance
Approach and orientation
I believe in helping clients find and develop their own solutions using an integrative approach:
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Systemic Therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
Individuals and couples learn to improve their relationships in a safe and secure setting.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists
COSRT is the UK’s leading membership organisation for therapists specialising in sexual and relationship issues.
All members must abide by their Code of Ethics and the performance of accredited members is regularly monitored.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Reading £70 per 50min session both individuals and couples
London £130 per 50 min session individuals and £150 couples.
Relationship Counselling generally takes one to six sessions.
I use Sensate Focus for couples in PST(Psychosexual Therapy). This is a programme designed to help you become intimate again and rediscover each other’s bodies. Development of shared views by me and each individual’s problems will lead to identification of therapy goals. These are continually monitored and evaluated. There is a commitment to this therapy as you will need to carry out ‘homework’ and then discuss at the next session. PST can take up to twelve sessions as it’s important to take small steps at a time.
Philosophy on counselling and psychotherapy
I believe that communication is a fundamental part of any couple relationship and that a healthy sex life is important to maintain a sound relationship.
Difficulties in a sexual relationship can occur at any time in our lives and at any age. It is therefore important to identify the problem and seek help.
Counselling can improve the quality of the couple relationship, sexual response and satisfaction.