Amanda Wells Dip.Couns MBACP
Are you looking for therapy for yourself or as a couple? Often in our lives there are many obstacles, which can leave you feeling overwhelmed and not coping as well as you'd like to. Before you know it, you find yourself unhappy or anxious, with an inner voice spurting unhelpful critical thoughts, questioning yourself and your judgement and just not feeling right in yourself. "This isn't me" you think. You might be fed up with the past playing like a movie in your mind, unresolved loss or hurt, unable to let go and impacting your life and relationships now and feel a million miles away from the person that you want to be. Maybe you fear not feeling yourself again, you definitely don't want to stay stuck here!
If you're unhappy in your relationship, maybe your laying in bed, barely recognising the person next to you, feeling desperately lonely and wanting to feel the way you did when you first met or on your wedding day. You know you're not communicating with each other but you don't know how to open it up without defences or arguments getting in the way. One thing you are sure about, there's a distance between you that can't be ignored any longer. You want to feel connected and loved and get back that spark.
You want to be more resilient, happier, grounded, less stressed and more at peace. Together we can make better sense of what's troubling you, your thoughts and emotions. I can support you (or the both of you!) to work through your problems, help you feel empowered, have the courage to be your authentic self and make positive lasting changes. Whether your aged 10 or 100, if you've lost your mojo, together we can find it - its never too late.
Photos of my cosy therapy room are below. Take a look at my website www.amandawellstherapy.co.uk or visit my new meditation channel on You Tube - Cwtch Meditations. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Integrative therapeutic counselling, registered member of the BACP
- Couples/relationship therapy
- Specialisie in mental health, anxiety and depression, Post Natal Depression
- Teens and anxiety aged 10+
- PTSD and trauma, childhood sexual abuse, trauma and the body, dissociation and DID, self-harm and suicide
- Understanding autism, ADHD, sensory processing
- EFT and matrix-reimprinting, working with spirituality and energy
- Bereavement therapy
- Gender exploration, transitioning, non-binary
- I work with mental health charities, Herts Mind Network, Mind and the New Leaf College, writing and teaching a range of Wellbeing Courses including Anxiety Management, Anger Management, Mindfulness, Emotional Resilience and Post-natal Depression, as well as running my own courses.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
Photos & videos
Daytime session £55 per hour, evening after 6pm £60. Face-to-face and online sessions available.
Couples therapy - 1st assessment session £90 for 1 1/2 hour, £90 per hour thereafter.
24 hours notice for cancellations, if less than 24 hours, full payment required.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays between 9 and 3 and evenings from 4 until 9pm
Types of client