Amanda Garber - Clarity Counselling Registered MBACP (Accred)
My approach to counselling and therapy is humanistic and influenced by Carl Roger's person-centred approach. I work collaboratively with clients, in a non-judgemental way, offering unconditional and empathic understanding, my aim is for us to work together to find a way of changing life patterns that have kept you stuck or unable to work out particular issues. By enabling a particular kind of conversation about the things that matter to you, and the difficulties which you may be experiencing, we can work together to gain a deeper understanding of you and your relationships in your world.
It may be that you want to discuss a current life event, or something that has been troubling you for some time. Or, it may be that you are finding it hard to work out just what the problem is and are perhaps feeling stuck or confused.
Seeking counselling can provide a safe, confidential, reflective and caring space to talk and explore issues,helping you to understand your situation and emotions more fully, which will enable you to feel stronger with a greater sense of control.
The length of time clients are seen and engage in therapy is varied and dependent on each individuals circumstance. Some people come to therapy on a short-term basis which may be anything from 6-12 sessions. Others may find it more beneficial to remain in therapy for longer.
I am an accredited and registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) which means that I subscribe and adhere to their code of ethics.
Issues that I can help with, and that are often hard to overcome include:
- Relationship issues,
- Bereavement & loss
- Panic attacks
- Low self esteem
- Childhood trauma & abuse
- Addiction & substance misuse,
- Sexual, physical & emotional abuse
- Health related issues
- Sexuality issues
- Compulsive behaviours
- Eating disorders
- Mental health issues
In addition to running my own private practice, I have extensive experience of working in both statutory and voluntary organisations. I value each individual as a unique human being and offer an unconditional presence and empathic understanding.
I offer counselling for individuals on a short-term or open ended basis from therapy rooms at One Two Five Therapy Rooms in Stroud Green in between Crouch End a nd Finsbury Park which is easily accessible by either London underground Piccadilly and Victoria Lines - Finsbury Park or Northern Line - Highgate and also by Bus routes W7 41 W3
- Sessions usually take place on a weekly basis and last for 50 minutes
- I have both morning and evening appointments available
If after contact has been made either by phone or email, we decide that it would be helpful to meet, the next stage of the process will be an initial consultation where we can discuss your needs and how we can work together.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling - City Lit
- Certificate Counselling - City Lit
- Psychopharmacology & Psychotherapy - Confer
- Drug & Alcohol Awareness training - Blenheim CDP
- CBT and Person Centred Practice - City Lit
- Yoga, the Brain and Mental health - Confer
- Law & Criminology BA hons - Middlesex University
- Gambling & Addiction - Training - Game-Care National Association for Gambling Care
- Working with two Chairs -City Lit
- Working with BPD -City Lit
- Gestalt counselling -City Lit
- Working with couples - Counselling works
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Counselling can help to :
- Identify your problems
- Find your own way of living in a more resourceful way
- Support and clarify your thoughts and feelings
- Make decisions, and may lead to changes in your life
- Enhance relationships
- Initial session £40
- Per hour subsequent sessions £55
- Some concessions available: waged / un-waged depending on circumstance.
The purpose of the initial session is to explore your needs and discuss how we might work together and to answer any further questions you may have.
You are under no obligation to proceed further if, after the initial consultation you decide not to for any reason. However, If you do decide to proceed with counselling I can offer you an opportunity to explore whats going on for you as with the emphasis of understanding how you are experiencing the world.
We can work together to gain greater clarity and deeper understanding of you, your relationships and your world, creating the possibility for the change you may be seeking.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available for and have both morning and evening sessions. please email or call to book an initial session or, if you have any further questions I may help to answer.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|