Sometimes we can all feel a bit sad and blue. And that's OK.
Yet when these feelings seep into our heart and interfere with our daily life, it can appear scary and confusing.
Maybe, it is time to think about taking that first step to find a safe, private place where you can speak openly and honestly discovering your way through the challenges you are facing.
My therapy room can give you that space.
With me, you will find a qualified therapist who will listen to what you want to say, without judgement but with understanding, compassion and acceptance.
We can work together, as you choose to make changes that will ease your distress and give you back control of your life.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered Member of BACP
- COSCA Counselling Skills Certificate (2013)
- COSCA Cruse Bereavement Care Scotland Specialist Module in Bereavement and Loss (2014)
- University of Strathclyde Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling (2016)
- Counselling role with Carlisle Carers Centre, Cruse Bereavement Care Scotland and a nearby secondary school.
Besides these qualifications, I regularly take part in Continuing Professional Development including:
- Animal Assisted Therapy
- Scottish Mental Health First Aid
- ASIST - suicide intervention training
- More Questions Than Answers - supporting people bereaved by suicide
- Group Facilitation Skills
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Initial telephone consultation FREE
Individual client sessions £40 for 60 minutes - as I feel how we get on is so important for therapy to be successful, partial refund of first session if you think we cannot work together.
I hope to be able to provide counselling for everyone, regardless of their circumstances. I do offer some concessionary rates for people on low incomes. Please get in touch to talk this over.
Employee Assistance Programme clients welcome please call for discussion and pricing plan.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
During school terms I am available most Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Flexible about evenings and Saturdays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|