Alice Polly Renwick - BACP Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist
I was born and brought up near Mevagissey and have a deep love and understanding of the heritage complexities of our county. Following college I moved out of county to train and work in Southampton where I experienced multi-cultural living and the wealth of difference that a sea-port town has to offer. I returned to Cornwall to bring up my four sons and be at hand for my ageing parents.
Now that those tasks have become less challenging I enjoy welcoming clients to my peaceful, secluded, purpose-built practice on our domestic premises in Pentewan. Please feel free to telephone any day (weekends included) before 8pm, or email, to further explore whether I might have the right expertise and personality to meet your requirements.
Should you choose to engage my services I hope that you will feel safe, well received and understood during our work within which we will explore options towards your happier and more effective functioning.
Training, qualifications & experience
My professional journey, until now, began with a B.Ed in 1985, teaching in an inner-city, multi-cultural, middle-school in Southampton.
On moving back to Cornwall I further qualified in Person-Centred counselling and Psychotherapy in 2004 with Plymouth University and accredited with the BACP in 2007.
In 2009 I completed training as a Counselling Supervisor with University College Plymouth and then achieved my BACP Senior accreditation in 2015.
My interest in Transactional Analysis led me, at this point, to complete the TA101 plus a selection of supplementary workshops.
In 2018 I furthered an interest in trauma counselling with a diploma in Crisis and Trauma Counselling and continue to train in EMDR as additional support for clients battling with post traumatic symptoms.
Throughout this time I have maintained a national standard of continued development in a wide range of issues that arise within my work.
Throughout this time I have:
- worked in both a school and university setting and with young adults on a private basis.
- worked specifically with victims of childhood rape and sexual abuse.
- Worked for BeMe as part of the NHS.
- developed my own private practice, working from Pentewan: PL26 6DD
- delivered counselling and professional support for Devon and Cornwall Constabulary
- delivered counselling support to major organisations on behalf of a selection of national and international Employee Assistance Programmes.
- facilitated a support group for those living with secondary breast cancer
- delivered on-site critical incident, psychological support using a CISD model and trauma counselling drop-ins, for a selection of large organisations.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Individuals £35, couples £40, students £30, 16-20 yrs £25 and veterans £25 hourly rate
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have availability 9.30 to 5.30 during the daytime from Monday until Friday. I am also able to offer an evening slot of 7.00 until 8.00, Monday to Thursday.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
My Counselling Supervisor qualification was delivered by Kathy Raffles Counselling Services for Plymouth University in 2009.View supervision profile