BACP accredited Psychotherapist, Fortis Therapy and Training.
Fortis is Latin for ‘brave, strong and courageous, helping people go from strength to strength’. I believe that anyone who reaches out for help with their mental health is brave, strong and courageous, and helping you go from strength to strength is something I am proud to have been doing for more than 20 years.
In 2012, I established Fortis Therapy & Training, a multi-national award-winning provider of therapeutic services and training in Lincolnshire, East Yorkshire, and beyond. With my team of passionate, non-judgemental therapists, we offer emotional wellbeing support to businesses, organisations, local authorities, schools, and private clients of all ages across the whole of the UK.
It is my mission:
- to provide high quality, effective, and affordable mental health and emotional wellbeing services to people of all ages, genders, and circumstances
- to implement safe, supportive working environments within businesses, organisations, local authorities, and schools
- to deliver continual professional development and training of excellence to therapists, counsellors, student therapists, and professionals within the care sector.
I am dedicated to treating all our clients as people, not as a number, and each client works with the therapist best suited to complement their needs to enable successful outcomes. I am incredibly passionate about early intervention, working collaboratively and holistically so that Fortis can help as many people as possible work through their thoughts, feelings, conflicts, and experiences.
Fortis’ services include, but are not limited to:
- Therapy and counselling, including CBT, person-centred, art, play, drama, creative, Lego-based, couple, and family therapy
- Training and workshops for businesses, schools, and therapists
- Reflective Practice
- Critical Incident Support
- Wellbeing Days
- Psychologically Informed Environments
- TRIBE, Fortis’ bespoke whole-school and whole-organisational programme for culture change
In September 2019, Fortis will be sharing their knowledge with counsellors and trainee therapists through our Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. This course, which has been awarded Quality Checked training recognition by the National Counselling Society, explores CBT theories in an experiential, relational way, teaching you to apply these theories into your own way of working. We are now welcoming registrations for the next course.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have nearly 20 years’ experience as a psychotherapist (BACP accred), clinical supervisor, trainer, mediator, and coach, using my expertise to give people access to high-quality services that are boundaried, trustworthy and caring. When recruiting therapists to join me at Fortis Therapy and Training, I ensure that they have the same drive, passion, and professional qualifications.
Fortis' team of independent, non-judgemental psychotherapists, art therapists, and counsellors are fully-qualified with Degree and Masters qualifications. They have regular clinical supervision and Continued Professional Development (CPD) every year, which is a requirement of their professional memberships; all therapists are registered and accredited members of a sector organisation, such as the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), British Association of Art Therapists (BAAT), and Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). By taking part in training, our therapists continually upskill and keep ahead of current issues and topics of discussion within mental health care.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
Photos & videos
Fortis' services range from individual therapy with private clients to whole-organisational wellbeing programmes that incorporate counselling, coaching, reflective practice, and training. The fees for each service will depend on the therapeutic work needed and for training, also on timescales, resources, and complexity. For more information about the work we offer and our fees, please get in touch – this is easy to do by calling 01472 241794, or sending me an email
We have therapy rooms across the Lincolnshire, Hull, East Riding regions with our HQ in Grimsby.
- Fortis Grimsby: 10-12 Abbey Walk, Grimsby, DN35 1NB.
- Fortis Scunthorpe: Queensway Business Centre, Queensway Industrial Estate, Scunthorpe, DN16 3RN.
- Fortis Hull: K2 Tower, 60 Bond Street, Hull, HU1 3EN.
We are proud to have won the Best Small Business Award and At Your Service Award at the Small Awards 2019, and the Best Service-Based award at the Business Excellence Forum & Awards 2019.
You can watch some of my talks, including TEDx, Be.Nips, and IOSH Roundtable at https://youtu.be/_ROZqvNgFIU.
Please do connect with me on Facebook and Linkedin, and on Twitter and Instagram at @fortistherapy.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|