Alex Barden MBACP DipCouns DipHyp
Hi, I'm Alex, although I'm more commonly known as Hattie. I started Rushymead Counselling & Hypnotherapy in 2018, having worked in mental health for some years. I am a qualified, BACP Registered Counsellor, Clinical Hypnotherapist and experienced Mental Health Support Worker.
I have worked with particular interest in supporting mothers managing their own mental health whilst still coping with the daily stresses of family life, supporting parents and carers of people on the Autistic Spectrum, and victims of domestic and narcissistic abuse.
At Rushymead, I offer a discreet and professional service from private premises in Kemsing, nr Sevenoaks, and have experience working on a number and variety of issues. Each person is seen very much as an individual, as is the way they relate to themselves, others and the things they experience.
The aim here is to work with this individuality in mind, to provide a safe space to explore, discover and express your feelings in a way that best suits you. Therefore, I am happy to work as a counsellor, hypnotherapist, private support worker, or any combination of the three - whatever you feel best meets your needs.
If you would like to know more about how we may be able to work together, please do not hesitate to call or email. If for any reason either of us feels unable or unsuited to work together, I will do my best to signpost you to the most appropriate service or therapist.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Levels 2 & 3 Counselling Skills & Studies (CPCAB)
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy & Associated Therapies (Hypnotherapy Association Accred)
- Mental Health Support Worker 2013 - 2019 (working in groups and 1:1 at WK Mind)
- Counsellor 2016 - 2020 (WK Mind)
- Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis
- Online & Telephone Counselling
- Understanding Autism, Asperger's & ADHD
- Autism - Understanding & Managing Anger in Children
- KUF Personality Disorders Training
- Mental Health Awareness
- Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults
- Equality & Diversity
- Treating Generalised Anxiety & Panic Disorders
- Alcohol Identification & Advice
- Working with Disclosure of Sexual Violence
- Working with Dissociation
- Working with Eating Disorders
- A New look at Attachment Theory
- Trauma, the Brain & Recovery
- Attachment in the Early Years
- Emotions & Emotional Disorders
- Panic Attacks: What they are & what to do about them
- Virtual Gastric Band Hypnotherapy
- First Aid at Work & Paediatric First Aid
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Standard fee per session is £40
- Reduced fee of £30 for trainee counsellors.
- Standard fee per session (to address a range of issues, habits, phobias etc.) is £50
- Virtual Gastric Band (6 sessions) is £320
Free initial assessments offered.
Concessions can be made in exceptional circumstances, and can be discussed at an initial assessment.
I am happy to offer online or telephone counselling sessions.