Gemma Mason - Gemstone Consultancy
Hello, my name is Gemma Mason. I am a psychotherapist, supervisor, psychological trainer and group facilitator. It is my aim to work with you through the changes you want to make in your life. Then you can live a fulfilled life rather than holding onto whatever has happened in your past.
People enter therapy for all sorts of reasons; they may have encountered a life crisis or want to make positive changes. They may wish to work short term or on a longer, more in-depth presenting issue.
It is my aim to help facilitate this process; to enable you to identify your strengths and celebrate your successes. You are in control of what you talk about.
It is my experience that within all of us are the answers we search for and the ability to change our lives for the better. I have worked with clients for almost twenty years and I enjoy working with individuals and groups.
I am able to offer the following formats of counselling;
- Face-to-Face – I work from my practice in Trowbridge. Our introductory session would enable us to see if we could work together. Fees would be discussed during this first session and consessions are available depending on the circumstances.
- E-mail Therapy – This takes place by an exchange of e-mails either on a weekly basis or within a shorter time frame. After sending your initial e-mail we would agree a working contract. I aim to check my e-mails on a daily basis and reply to all enquiries within 24 hours. Fees available on request.
I am a qualified psychotherapist and registered with UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP). I have regular supervision to ensure that I work is both ethical and effective.
I am also able to offer supervision for therapists.
Prior to practicing as a therapist I worked as an occupational therapist within the National Health Service. I specialised in working with mental health issues.
As a therapist I describe my approach as being integrative drawing on a range of approaches including Transactional Analysis, Gestalt, Cognititive Behaviour Therapy and Person Centred theories of counselling and psychotherapy.
Although I work with a variety of presenting issues I have a special interest in working with the following; living with disability, the emotional impact of caring, emotional relationships with over and under eating.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MsC in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Certificate in overeating and obesity
- Certificate in Groupwork
- Certificate in On-line Counselling
- Accredited member of BACP and UKCP
- Diploma in Supervision
- Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst
- Senior Accred. member of BACP (supervisor of groups)
- EMDR practitioner.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
living with a disability
the link between body and mind (psychosomatic disorders)
Photos & videos
£48 individuals. Groups on request.
E-mail counselling and skype prices given on request.
Supervision via face-to-face, skype or telephone £48 an hour
Concessory places available after face to face discussion
I am able to offer in-house training in psychological theories. Please contact me for a discussion on your organisations requirements.
I am co-director of Contact Point in Bristol which offers training in the modality of Transactional Analysis please contact me for further information.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays daytime and evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer supervision to individuals and groups of practitioners who work in the 'people' related professions.