Alison Chisholm MBACP (Snr. Accred.), Thameside Resolutions
I am a BACP Senior Accredited Counsellor/ Psychotherapist offering individual counselling and couples counselling since 1995. I also have over fifteen years experience of Counselling and Mediation in the workplace.
If you are struggling to cope with any of the following and feeling overwhelmed, then counselling may help:
- depression (including post natal depression)
- anxiety and panic attacks
- panic disorder
- generalised anxiety disorder
- stress/work related stress/stress management
- relationship issues/couples counselling
- separation and divorce
- family issues
- feeling sad
- seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- affairs and betrayals
- childhood issues
- abuse/sexual abuse/emotional abuse
- bereavement and loss
- anger management
- personal crisis and personal development
- low self esteem/ low self confidence
- harassment and bullying and other workplace issues
I place importance on developing our working relationship, which will enable us to reach the heart of the issues quickly and sensitively. This then gives you the best opportunity to explore, understand and learn in a safe and supportive environment.
In addition to counselling and psychotherapy, I am an accredited mediator offering conflict resolution in the workplace and community settings, family mediation for divorce and separation and a stress management trainer.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist (2010)
- BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist (2001)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Gestalt Studies (2005)
- HNC in Integrative Counselling (1997)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (1994)
- Open College Network Accredited Certificates: Mediation in the Workplace (2003); Workplace Mediation with Teams (2004)
- Family Mediation Council Accredited Family Mediator - for divorce and separation (2013)
- City & Guilds Certificate in Further & Adult Education Teaching (1997)
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Fees are £65 per session for individuals, and £75 for couples.
The first session will be an assessment and exploratory session. During this session we will talk about the issues and difficulties you are experiencing, and how they are affecting you. We will then together agree on the number and frequency of sessions.
For further information, please don't hesitate to contact me. Or you can visit my website for further information.